Jul 26, 2024

AND ONCE AGAIN...THE SPINSTER IS A WEEPY CROCKPOT FULL OF HOT MESS




Don't rain on my parade, Betty. I bawled from the moment Rich said "Con, are you going to get out of bed today? The Olympics is getting ready to start" until the Balloon Cauldron of Who The Hell Could Have Seen THAT Coming rose into the Paris sky.

I swear...I have no earthly idea why I do this every four years, but I suppose that the splotchy face, snotty hankie clutched tightly in my hand, and Celine Dion belting out something spectacular right there on the Eiffel Tower are All. Just. So. Very. Worth it.

God bless and keep the athletes and all of the peoples of the world. For the next sixteen days, let's just enjoy the very best of us for a minute and be inspired to do, know, and be better. Amen.
 

4 comments:

  1. I will second the blessing at the end of your post, Coni. Hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved every minute of it. So….FRENCH! But the end-that Olympic flame and CĂ©line Dion singing “Hymn to Love”…..wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn’t it wonderful?!?

    ReplyDelete