Apr 25, 2024

OH, BUZZY

Well Dearies, my little friend Buzzy may be leaving us soon. I spent the day in the ER with a very sore, very red, and very quiet Buzzy. He is completely clogged up, it seems, and if they are not able to revive him with angioplasty in the next few days...he might have to be removed completely. 😲

(They leave AV fistulas in place after renal transplant as a matter of course in the event that it will be needed, but if it becomes a problem (which it looks like it has), then a vascular surgeon will go in and try to fix things up.)

I realize it's completely nuts to mourn the loss of a medical device, but that fistula was my LITERAL life-line, and without it, I would not a have made it.

OK. On to more pleasant news...a finish! Here's Botanical Bee finally complete:

That's it for me today! I'll keep you posted on what happens next. In the meantime, come tell me allabout you!

13 comments:

  1. Prayers and hugs. So sorry to hear you feel so rotten. psv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Buzzy, for helping to give Coni life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really understand what is going on but I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers, Coni. Definitely a life saving device but if he's not "healthy" anymore we don't want it causing you harm. Live your finish. Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you unclogged thoughts....and the same to Buzzy...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, a day in the ER doesn’t sound like a fun, springtime excursion. And with a sore arm, you probably couldn’t stitch while you were there.

    Is Buzzy’s condition possibly responsible for you not feeling like yourself for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the unclogging of Buzzy goes well. The bee project - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for the best result possible Coni. I just want you feeling better! Stitching looks great. How are you going to finish it??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Coni, this doesn't sound like fun! Hopefully all will go well and you will be ready to enjoy the last bit of April!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bee finish is so pretty, Coni. Sorry to hear about Buzzy being clogged. I am wondering if he is the reason behind you not feeling up to par for a while. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coni dear, bees are well known for their, well, buzz, so that's got to be a good omen for poor, tired Buzzy. Your medical team are always excellent, and we're all holding thumbs for a swift and lasting positive outcome. Relax cheerfully, and keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too much buzzing between Buzzy and the Bee.... So sorry you had to experience this development, but hoping your crack team can find a way to resolve it without evicting dear Buzzy. In the meantime, please lie back and build strength for whatever
    procedure does the trick. He is holding you in the hollow of His
    Hand......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear! Hope they can find an easy solution!!!!
    I've just finished stitching The Sweetheart Sampler by Blackbird designs. I'm on a big time Blackbird kick.....and feeling the need for small pieces. I like the quick satisfaction. I do have one biggie on the go but feel no desire to stitch on it.....?hmmmm, maybe cause its not a Blackbird??!!!! Take Care!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete