Jan 1, 2024

A GOOD START TO WHAT WILL HOPEFULLY BE A GREAT YEAR

Our New Year's Eve Spinster Extravaganza was quiet and lovely. My poor Jersey Boy has been ailing with some kind of viral plague that he brought home on the train with him after Christmas, and I made the brilliant decision to get BOTH the flu shot AND the covid booster on Friday, so we were both a bit...ugh.

But I did manage to pull together a little snack plate for our midnight revelry:


The mandarins were my favorite and of the Sumo variety, so they were perfectly juicy and sweet! The dates, however, were a complete dud, since I ordered the wrong kind and didn't know the there actually ARE different kinds of dates.

Today was also very quiet, but I did manage to do a few little things (like take a short walk) and start a new start. This is Shepherd's Bush Abundance Sampler:



My accessories were a stitchy gift that I just love love love! Look at the needleminder!



I hope your very own day was exactly what you wanted it to be, and that the upcoming 365 will be good to all of us! Come tell me all about your holiday and what your wishes are for 2024!
 

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the Sampler & needle minder! Sorry to hear about Rich, but hope he feels better soon! xoxo m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Coni!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful choice for your new start, Coni! Love the needle minder! Hope you both are feeling better. Well done on getting in a walk! I wish you a very blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I hope Rich feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A most blessed New Year to you both... Hope Rich shakes the bug
    soon and that new starts for you will bring contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Coni! I hope it's a wonderful year for you and Rich. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the shenanigans you get into!

    ReplyDelete