Nov 18, 2023

WELL...IT'S A START





Dearies, I had a rough week.

Last Sunday was 36 years since my mom passed away, Tuesday was Stewey's passing anniversary (even though I screwed up and thought it was Thursday), I was just plain 'ol sickety sick sick all week, and yesterday I learned that my Aunt Lou (who was also my Godmother) passed away.

In between there I went to see Dr Campbell, and although labs and tests all looked good, I need to go get some imaging of my belly after Thanksgiving, because it would appear I have either swallowed a beach ball or am expecting quintuplets.

But on a happy note...I lost another four pounds!

So what did I decide to do today? Stay in bed with a cup of tea and a book, or plant myself in the chair with stitching and watch the Irish?

Nope.

Why not start tarting up CS2 for Christmas while simultaneously DoorDashing lit garland and chocolate covered pretzels while poor Rich drags bins and bins and bins of holiday crap in from the storage closet outside?

It's not even half-assed complete at this point, and I'm not sure if it would even qualify for a quarter-assed job, but at least it's a start. Tomorrow I'll re-gather my wits about me and see if I can throw some more tinsel around and call it a Griswold.

What's new with you?


 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to start tarting up CS2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, the picture of the twinkle lights on your railing looks fabulous. I am sorry you were feeling poorly and very sorry to hear that your Aunt Lou passed. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even a few festive lights can bring cheer. I might put up the new twinkly front door wreath this evening. That's it so far. Looking forward to Thanksgiving with the family. Hope you keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better!! And I pray they figure out the beach ball. Take it slow Coni. I have to do my 'tarting' in stages or I'd be exhausted. Thinking of you. (Similar milestone today as a matter of fact. Today is the day I will have outlived my mother. She passed 11 days before her birthday. It makes me sad.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss. I pray that God comforts you in all your sorrows. Your start on decorating is wonderful

    ReplyDelete