Nov 19, 2023

IN WHICH JULIA CHILD GOES TO ITALY

I'm freshly showered, have just put dinner in the oven, and have made the executive decision to do absolutely nothing else today except stitch.

(Actually, my poor old body made the decision for me, since I am unable to lift either arms or legs without issuing forth with profanity.)

Rich and I love watching cooking videos on the YouTube, and today's dinner is courtesy of Jim from Sip and Feast. The official name of the dish is Spezzatino di Manzo, but it's basically an Italian version of boeuf bourguignon. I chopped and diced and sautéed and braised, and now my big red pot from the Targets is doing its thing in the oven until it's time to eat.  

So now it's time for me to pick up my needle and thread and shut down all electronics for the remainder of the day. I hope your Sunday is swell, that your own needles are flying, and that something delicious is in your future!

WooHoo!

3 comments:

  1. Well that sounds tasty! Do you watch Pasta Grannies? That's one of my favorites. Also, How to Cook That, & Adam Ragusea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italian boeuf bourguignon sounds very tempting: I'm chopping up left-over lamb sausages and will mix them into some nice hot spinach and mushrooms, with mashed avocado to make it look as if I'd made some kind of an effort. Enjoy ... and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm hungry and I shouldn't be!! You enjoy your efforts!! Too many errands, chauffeuring friends, work deadlines - so the DH is picking up a Papa Murphy's with added veggies. BTW - referring to Julie Child... our Durham Museum currently has an interactive exhibit now through February called "Julia Child: A Recipe for Life." I'm looking forward to taking it in soon. Sounds excellent. https://durhammuseum.org/current-exhibits/

    ReplyDelete