Nov 6, 2023

LOOK! UP IN THE SKY! IT'S A BIRD...IT'S A PLANE...IT'S A NAMETAG!


 I'd love to tell you that I made my name tag well in advance of the weekend's meeting, but the truth of the matter is that I read the brochure at the last minute on Thursday night and went into a full-blown panic attack because I didn't have one and figured I'd be bounced right back out of the room full of admonishments and recriminations.

(What can I say? The little freak show circus in my head runs amok sometimes.)

So I fiddle-farted around and rummaged through things a bit, and found the little Mill Hill pumpkin piece that I had finished, and then I took it from there.

The neck cord was a 2am inspiration, when I realized that I apparently do not own one single solitary safety pin, and I was going to have to figure out how to attach the thing to my clothing. An eyeglass lanyard was the solution, and before I knew it, I had myself a full-fledged name tag worthy of a half-assed Spinster Stitcher seminar preparation session gone awry.

The little white tassel was presented to me upon registration as a first-time attendee, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to warn the other attendees that I am...just...extra.

So now I have an official name tag for Fall Meetings, and I'm already percolating on what to make for Spring!


6 comments:

  1. Great quick thinking fix! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely name tag. I like the seasonal approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni, I love your name tag! I think it is perfect for the fall and beautiful to boot. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Sometimes the creativity peaks with those little last minute demands!! Go YOU!!

    ReplyDelete