Nov 5, 2023

IN WHICH WE RETURN FROM RETREAT...TIRED BUT VERY VERY HAPPY INDEED







 Can you see it? 

That tiny little green sign next to the pillar on the left side of the photo? 

That, my Dearies, is the Spinster Bat Signal.

THE STARBUCKS WAS EXACTLY 59 STEPS FROM MY ROOM! 

A STARBUCKS!

59 STEPS FROM MY ROOM!

OK, OK, I know that y'all could care less, and that you would rather hear all about retreat shenanagins, but I'm here to tell you that (for me, anyway) The Inn At St Mary's was just a perfect place to host a retreat. 

Technically, this was the Fall Meeting of the Great Lakes Region of EGA, but for me it was the perfect place to meet new friends, goof around with my old friends, and WALK 59 STEPS TO A FREAKING STARBUCKS to get my morning cups of damn good and my afternoon cups of cold brew.

I didn't accomplish any stitching to speak of, but I did manage to suck the oxygen out of the room and be an annoying toddler while simultaneously gawping like a fish over all of the absolutely gorgeous stitching. The variety was wonderful to see...everything from counted cross stitch to canvaswork to surface embroidery to beading.

Just.

Fantastic.

I am home now and completely wiped out, but in a very happy way. I am so glad and ridiculously grateful that I was able to attend. 

My God. I love this thing of ours.

(And a very special thank you to all of the organizers and participants, and to everybody that assured me that I am not at all as weird or neurotic or nuts in person as I am on this here blog.)

(Hi, Jana! 🤗)

9 comments:

  1. There's just something wonderful about a retreat. The friends, the gossip, the stitching (or watching other people stitch). The Starbucks being so close is a huge bonus! I can only walk about 50 steps without a rest right now, so that would have been magical for me! And then, there's the clean, fresh hotel room that somebody else made that way. Ahhhhh, bliss. I'm glad you had a good time, and although you're tired, I bet you're also relaxed.
    Kathy P in Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic. Retreats are such fun and it is great to see other people's works in progress. A much needed change of scenery with like-minded folk. Starbucks - now that was special! Cheers, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad about not getting a lot of stitching done. It seems getting a lot of stitching (or piecing, or rug hooking, or knitting, or crochet, etc) is *not* the major point of retreats. Not that I've ever been to one to know for sure. What a treat to have your favorite coffee place so close to your room.
    I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a fabulous weekend, Coni. How cool that the Starbucks was 59 steps from your room! I am glad you were able to attend and enjoy the company and fellowship of fellow EGA-ers. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad it was a good weekend!! I would appreciate the location of the Starbucks! Sometimes retreats are not so productive as they are inspirational and much needed friend time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed everything. I'm off to a long weekend sewing retreat this week and am already excited and packed almost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing beats time spent with like minded people, crafting and gossiping the hours away.

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie! Good to meet you--FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had such a good time. Something about stitching retreats recharge me too...and I don't usually get much stitching done at them.

    ReplyDelete