Oct 13, 2023

FRIDAY SPINSTER BLISS




 

I am sitting in the library with my Friday damn good, a cozy new old lady big top, and a bag full of stitching. Who...I ask you...could possibly be happier than I am at this moment?!

My Irish will take on the USC Trojans tomorrow, but before I can begin the hollering, I have to behave myself at Guild. Do you suppose I can be a real human person and sit in a chair with proper clothing and mascara on for a minute and not be the annoying toddler in the room? 🙄

Not a lot of stitching to report. I was happily stitching away on Hoity Toity last night, but got distracted by the Phillies game. They won!

OK. Time to go browsing for a few new books. I finished one called Trust and am almost through John Irving's (*) Trying To Save Piggy Sneed, so I better grab a stack to keep me occupied for the next few weeks.

(*) I'm pretty sure he's my favorite writer, since I have absolutely loved everything he's written and swear I'm going to go back and read all of his novels over again!

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend, Happy Everything, Dearies! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

3 comments:

  1. I am retreating with my EGA region this weekend. Lots of wonderful stitching time ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your library looks so welcoming, Coni. What books came home with you? I hope you have an enjoyable guild meeting today. Happy hollering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Robin! We are so blessed here with AMAZING libraries! I brought home a memoir by Martin Amis and a new translation of The Brothers Karamazov!

      Delete