Aug 13, 2023

IN WHICH OUR SPINSTER FEELS DECIDEDLY...FRITZY

Hello, Dearies, and a Happy Sunday to you and yours!

Forgive me, please. I am a bit frazzled, overwhelmed, overtired, overextended, overbusy, and generally on the verge of fritzing out. 

I suspect that it's a combination of factors, but my head is clanging like a bell, my to do list is as long as my arm, and the upcoming week's calendar of activities is PACKED with all kinds of things.

But you know what?

It's simply WONDERFUL that not one of the things scheduled or written down or on the "Oh my gosh, I have to do this" list involves dialysis!

WooHoo!

Today I've scurried to and fro, tidying up and organizing, doing laundry, packing a Guild bag, tidying my stitchy baskets, and emptying the last bit of Donaldson luggage. I also gots my pills together for the week, gave myself my shot, tidied the kitchen, futzed with a newsletter, and got all of the bath towels washed, dried, folded, and put away.

Not bad for a lazy Sunday!

I've been hankering for a bit of cross stitch, but none of my WiPs blew my skirt up, so I decided to play with this:


I made a small contribution to the Duck Races organized by Miss Emily of Eclectic Possessions, and I won one of the prize packages! There were several fantastic charts and other goodies in the package, and this little gem came complete as a full kit! It appears that it originated from The Silver Needle, and I am just tickled to give it some play time this afternoon!

Tomorrow I have THREE different Guild-related events...two meetings and a get-together in my apartment clubhouse to work on a pilot project, and then...whoosh...the rest of the week is off and running with more Guild things, a Notre Dame Club football preview, a Buddy Guy concert, and then a little shopping excursion for supplies for the pilot class.

Can you believe it? I'm actually going to have to wake up, get dressed, leave CS2, and actually interact with other human peoples EVERY SINGLE DAY this week! 

I'm still making pretty good progress on my Spring Medley, but need to set it aside until a thread order arrives. I knew I was going to run out of the FyreWerks, so I ordered more online and am hoping to receive it this week.

See that block in the upper left corner? That's where the FyreWerks goes. 

I suppose that I had better scoot and finish the evening. Rich will be home from the golfing place in a bit, and I want to be situated so that I can enjoy some TeeVee time and stitching with him before shut-eye!

How was your very own weekend? Did you do something fun, happy, and stitchy! Come tell me all about it!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful : )
    Enjoy your week
    Sneak in a nap if needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're getting to do fun guild things again. You deserve it! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni, I want to sincerely thank you for sharing everything you went through with dialysis and a new kidney. Your courage through all that gave me courage to go through a bilateral mastectomy. As I went through the biopsy I thought of you and how courageous you were getting your thing in the arm cleaned out or fixed etc. If you could do that, I could get through the breast biopsy. As I was getting four injections of nuclear medicine into each breast prior to surgery I told myself not to be a whimp as Coni had far worse! I made it through the surgery and I am cancer free. Thank you for giving me the courage I needed to get through all this! You are very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic that you are getting out again and enjoying life Coni.
    Fun and stitchy games are much deserved after all you have gone through.
    Also congratulations to Dottie.

    Not much happening here - wet wet wet for pretty much all the time - so it has been sewing sewing sewing and I've nearly finished a quilt top. A UFO that has been hanging about. Sanctuary from the never-ending (but soon to be) building works on the money pit!!!

    Enjoy yourself! Cheerio, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wonderful to hear your tales from busy days and from all your guilds! I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you will be have a busy, but fabulous week with all the guild activities (and Coni, I am glad you are able to partake again) and other whatnots on your list. Your new cross stitch project looks like a good one. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Buddy Guy concert!!!!! You lucky woman. We have hot, hot weather but I am lucky enough to have air conditioning. Lots of stitching, but no garden work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying seeing your stitching--I am very busy working on a table topper embroidery for Halloween that has about 18 tiny stitches per inch. Your south side SB reader.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be swapping out some of Nancy's threads. She usually kits it up with perle cottons and other stuff. Unless she's upping her game with the glitz! It will be lovely. The little package is sweet. Sometimes we need something quick and easy to feel some sense of accomplishment against the longer projects. Have fun with all your activities and please rest occasionally. The tidying can wait - it will always be there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous! You will love the Buddy Guy concert. One of my most cherished memories is taking my late Dad to see a double header of Buddy & B.B. King. Buddy had jumped off the stage and played his way up the aisle of the theater...went through the lobby... came back in and played his way down the other aisle to the stage. We were seated on the aisle, about 1/2 way between the lobby & the stage. Buddy stopped playing when he got to us, shook my dad's hand and had a brief conversation with him, then went back to playing & got back on stage. To say Daddy was chuffed would be an understatement! (He also got a shout out from B.B. later)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your new start! It is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete