Jul 15, 2023

FINALLY FINISHED!


 Star Spangled Banner
Northern Expressions Needlework
28ct linen
Dinky Dyes silks and Mill Hill beads


What an adventure this piece turned out to be, Dearies! You'll never believe it, but guess who ran out of beads again last night! This time, though, I said "Phooey" and grabbed a container of "close enough" out of my stash and finished her right up.

I am completely disappointed, though, that no matter how hard I try, I simply cannot capture the sparkle that those darn beads add to this. It really is very very pretty in real life, and pictures just aren't doing it any justice.

If you're contemplating this (which I highly recommend), make sure to gather more threads and beads than you think you'll need. I sure wish I would have!

Cheers to the rest of the weekend! We've just returned from a lovely dip in the pool (that finally re-opened yesterday afternoon), and now it's time to see what strikes my fancy on the q-snaps tonight!

9 comments:

  1. That's beautiful!! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't patterns list how many packs of beads are needed? Though I guess the number of beads per package may well been reduced since the pattern was written. Asking as I've never done a beaded stitch before.
    Light and sparkles are difficult to photograph. I don't know how many times I've tried to capture the glint of sun on ice after a storm and had little success. I'm glad you didn't let the shortage throw you into a tizzy and you forged ahead to a finish. It is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious finish. It is such an intricate piece. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning finish, Coni! Okay, does that mean you will be touring the country so your stitching friends can see the sparkle and bling up close and personal? Happy to hear the pool has reopened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a stunning piece. So much so that I had to buy for myself. Tried to resist. Failed, but can't wait to get started. You should be very pleased with yourself on this piece, it's well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oh my, it’s gorgeous!!! Think I need to add this to my to do list!!!

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete