Mar 15, 2023

TUESDAY NIGHT BLISS


 

A little big girl sleigh bed stitching in the wee small hours of the morning. I could not sleep to save my life, so I decided to use the time and just relax and listen to the radio while happily stitching away.

I fell off the diet wagon...hard...last night, but it slowed down long enough as it lumbered down the lane for me to catch up and jump back on. A minor blip, but a major shift in mindset since I didn't just give up on the entire week and decide to start over "next Monday".

So today I will behave myself and will definitely take a nice long snoozy nap later before a good healthy dinner of chicken on top of salad.

Happy Futzingday, Dearies! I hope all of your wagons are going exactly in the right direction!

6 comments:

  1. Hope your Futzing Day is a good one, Coni! Your stitch is looking good. And good for you on climbing back on the wagon sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with in climbing back on the wagon. Seems like I can't stay on better find a set farther from the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That deserves a great big atta girl. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your metaphors always make me smile! Good for you on catching the wagon soon after! I fell off my wagon last week with my husband and son both gone, but now am back on with you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every minute of healthy eating is a challenge…congrats on sticking with it, even if you periodically give in to temptation. Your current project is sweet!

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's not quite the right time of year: if not, do keep it in mind when warm weather comes back. Healthy eating 101: coleslaw a la moi. Three main ingredients: cabbage, carrot and green apple. No set proportions, though cabbage should predominate. Add a handful of raisins. And, this is the good part, for a dressing you mash an avocado or use readymade guacamole, and add some spicy fruit sauce of your choice. If it needs to be thinner, lemon juice is good, or a spoonful of yogurt. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours if possible: the raisins will be busy absorbing excess liquid and getting plump and yummy. I add a sprinkling of caraway seeds, but they're optional. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete