Feb 2, 2023

AND THEN, ALL OF A SUDDEN, IT WAS THURSDAY


 

Chello!

This week has been...odd.

Nothing wrong, per se.  Just kind of off.  Lots of sleeping and schlumpadinking about, with afternoon naps and not much else. I've been careful with water and meds, but just haven't felt much like moving about with any intensity or enthusiasm.

Let's just blame it on the weather and call it a day, shall we? It's cold and the sun has been a very rare visitor to these here parts. Permacloud isn't a good look on anybody, imho.

I'm stitching tonight for the first time in quite a while. I lost interest in my current piece, but decided to bring her out to play a little bit while the Lady Irish play Boston College in the basketball. I really think the secret is to just stitch...no matter the mood or interest. There's something about getting that first stitch in that leads to another and then another.

I'm so enjoying all of your lovely things and pictures of your cozy spaces. It's not unusual for me to lose several hours scrolling through all of the updates.

Hmmmmm. Maybe that's part of the "problem"?

OK. Back to needle and thread. I hope your week has been swell and that your weekend ahead is going to be even better. What's on the agenda? Come tell me all about it!


5 comments:

  1. I was watching an older YouTube video of the Country Stitchers last night and Liz mentioned your blog. So, here I am. Lol! I agree, Blame it on the weather. I too have no gumption and stitching helps.
    This weekend will be warmer than the 6° it is right now, so I plan to help my mom clean out a house she owns. Long long story. Then to de-stress I will put some stitches into my row of Little House Needleworks Hometown Holiday patterns and play some Minecraft on the Xbox One.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad not posting wasn't due to problem. I'm having a case of the "meh" about working on projects too. And too much time looking at what others are doing instead of doing my own projects.
    Once we get through cold today and tonight, it's back to 30-40 degrees which is fine by me, especially since the geothermal compressor quilt working yesterday morning. We have backup heating methods, so not a Big Emergency, still frustrating since it was fixed about 2-3 months ago.

    Plans? Finish getting ready for the 1st tax appointment in 2 weeks, some mending, a bit of cleaning, and probably watching GD tomorrow. Perhaps kick myself into gear for some stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time just keeps on marching by! Who won the basketball game? Chores and errands are on the day's agenda with stitching and reading happening after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm knitting a swoncho for myself, & like any handknit, it takes a long time.
    But wool running through my hands is very pleasant, & the yarn is bright purple, pink & yellow, so I'm pretty entertained by it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right. If I pull out my project and decide to stitch for just a few minutes it seems to get me going. But sometimes I need a new start or rotate to a knitting project.

    ReplyDelete