Jan 2, 2023

STARTING WITH A WHIMPER INSTEAD OF A BANG...SURPRISE SURPRISE




So how many of you started 2023 by going to the gym, having a healthy breakfast, organizing your datebook, paying bills, straightening a couple of closets, cleaning the kitchen, and starting a new journaling/praying/meditating routine while simultaneously selecting a theme word for the year?

Good for you.

It's 4:30 in the afternoon and I'm still sleepy, had a meatloaf sandwich and Cheeze-Its for breakfast (at 1:00), and I'm still in the same pajamas I wore on New Year's Eve. 

I suppose if I still had a Dr Melfi, she'd talk to me about self-sabotage and how I can never seem to get out of my own way, but since it's just me combing through the freak show in my head,we're just going to chalk this up to the weather and move on.

I finished the ornament hanging from Santa's mitten, so now it's on to the moon:

I really do hope your year has started exactly as you hoped it would! Mine will get there eventually...I'm sure. In the meantime I'm going to keep stitching away and enjoying my meatloaf and then head to bed.

Happy New Year, Dearies!

6 comments:

  1. Baby steps, Coni. Be kind to yourself. (I had a meatloaf sammich today, too ;) Happy New Year, my dear. p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My New Year's day started with a new project as planned - Florence Mary Dickinson. Those things you mentioned - nope, not this year or any year!!!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni, it will definitely get to where you want it to be. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late-afternoon breakfast in bed is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I'd LOVE a meatloaf sandwich right now! I'm in my same jammies, too. I have to be a grown-up tomorrow though, so I'm enjoying this while I can

    ReplyDelete
  6. My year started crazy, too. I found out one of the booth renters at my salon isn't making enough money to pay her rent. She needs to leave for a place that will pay her an hourly wage. So I am closing my salon after almost 20 years. I'm almost 77 having been semi retired since the start of Covid I decide it's time to think of myself. I right there with you on trying to get my eating under control. I'm a stress eater and the last two have been VERY stressful! Good luck with your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete