Jan 25, 2023

FUTZINGDAY SPINSTER BLISS


 

Finally...an actual winter day here in Hoosierville! It seems like the last month has been full of grey, but not much else. Now, though, we have some beautiful white to go with the grey.

I have been quite lounge-y so far this morning, and am enjoying lots of damn good and the cozyness of my Snoopy robe with impunity. I had thought briefly of making this a full chore day, but methinks I might just camp out in the big girl sleigh bed with tons of magazines, papers, and books and read the day away instead.

Nothing to report on the stitching front, I'm afraid. I finished the red bird and set things aside for a minute while I contemplate whether I want to stick with this or move on to something new. 

What's new in your corner of the world, Dearies?

11 comments:

  1. What's new? Got a phone call from my lovely DIL in Wisconsin last evening to tell me my son has emerged successfully form surgery. SURGERY? He had just donated his spare kidney! They do not know the recipient, other than that lucky person reside in/near SanFrancisco.
    He had felt for some time that life has been very good to him - the best wife ever (I agree) and 4 great kids; a successful medical practice with partners he enjoys working with, great friends and a wonderful community. Time for payback. Knew you would appreciate this more than most folks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us all!

      I’m not precisely futzing — had cataract surgery on my 2nd eye. While it’s blizzard inn outside, I am just enjoying some tea and snacks before heading to bed to sleep off the sedation.

      Delete
    2. That is so wonderful of your son!! Laura

      Delete
    3. This one is going to take me a minute...🥹...thank you for raising an extraordinary human! ❤️

      Delete
    4. That was me by the way...😬

      Delete
  2. We had all of 3-5 minutes of snowflakes before it turned into rain and stayed that way. Futzing Day sounded great, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working from home today. It is grey and trying to sleet/snow. Planning a roast and veggies for dinner, and stitching later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a full day yesterday, busy morning today, have a busy evening ahead, so am going to take an unbusy afternoon nap! 💓

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just knitting & listening to the TV- my kind of bliss!

    ReplyDelete