Nov 27, 2022

I LOVE NEW TRADITIONS

In Rich's family, stuffing/dressing is made of ground beef, meatball seasonings, breadcrumbs, egg, and chunks of sharp provolone. It is then cooked inside the turkey with enough left over for sandwiches, etc.

A few years ago, I concocted a dish that would incorporate all of our Thanksgiving leftovers, and today was the day that I made it:
It looks a bit like the dog's breakfast, but it's absolutely delicious, I promise. In a buttered casserole dish I layered the ground beef dressing, green bean casserole, corn pudding/casserole, cornbread stuffing, the gravy as a sauce, and then topped it all off with the leftover mashed potatoes. After a nice bake-off at 350 degrees for about thirty minutes, we had a hot and very hearty Sunday supper!

The kitchen is clean. I'm clean. The lights are twinkling away, and I'm ready to stitch. I thought I was going to start a little Shepherd's Bush Christmas piece, but I'm kinda hankering for something...bigger.

Stay tuned!

11 comments:

  1. I am the queen of the BAP (Big A88ed Project) and have been doing some smaller ones. My fingers are itching to pull together a nice big one again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo-that sounds AMAZING! The only thing I ever make with leftovers is a thick turkey stew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've heard of ground beef stuffing for the turkey. But why not, some have pork sausage stuffing. I like the left-overs casserole idea. Our leftovers were usually simply re-heated as is, besides making turkey vegetable soup. And it's been quite a while since we had the big family gathering, so no leftovers now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just drooled all over the keyboard reading about your concoction. Gained 3 ounces too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm!! Looking forward to seeing what you decide to start next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea for combining the leftovers in a casserole. I’m gonna try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the anonymous on my prior post. I cannot figure out how to get me name there. This is Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just now catching up on a bunch of posts. My family makes the same type of stuffing, minus the beef. Im guessing my ancestors weren’t as wealthy, lol…but that is our Italian stuffing.
    -NerdGirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your leftovers dish sounds delicious Coni!

    ReplyDelete