Oct 30, 2022

ON SUNDAYS WE WATCH CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG


 

Rich has left for the golfing place and I'm settling in with my second cup of damn good, the papers, stitching, and Dick VanDyke for company. Yesterday's shenanigans have left me a bit bushed, but a day of rest will put things back to rights again, I'm sure. 

Tomorrow is the start of another Spinstercation, but this time I hope to use the time to get myself back on a good schedule of walking and eating well and being just a bit productive here at CS2. I really really really need to get a few things finished, and I would love to find more stitchy time!

Happy Sunday, Dearies! I hope you can rest today, too! Come tell me all about it!

4 comments:

  1. Spent some time deciding how I want to decorate for Christmas. Spent alot of time on Balsam Hill Christmas Trees. Fell in love with the Noble Fir. It would show cross stitch ornamentsso well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was the first film we took my brother (then aged 4) to see - he was mad about cars. The B movie beforehand was about wild animals and he yelled out "look there's daddy!" when an orangutan came up. Everyone in the cinema laughed. Then during the main feature and the beautiful castle appeared he shouted out "ooh that's a nice place to live in!" and my parents sank deep into the chairs as everyone laughed again. Good memories of Dick Van Dyke - and he still dances! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a metal birdhouse & sunflower yard art wire brushed and primed yesterday. Now to get it painted on Tuesday & Wednesday. I have no idea why the primer instructions say re-coat or top coat within 1 hour or after 48 hours. Whats wrong with hours 2 through 47? Oh well, I got a couple of spots where the primer got a bit thick, so I better wait the 48 hours. I also put the last few stitches in another small Blackbird Design project.
    Today is a bit of cleaning, get a few odds and ends taken care of, and work on a quilting stencil again.
    I haven't seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete