Jun 9, 2022

SHE'S GETTING THERE!





Despite all evidence to the contrary, I am indeed making slow progress on the beading of Princess Elliana. My sessions are short, since maneuvering her about is quite a chore due to her size (and my arms get tired), but every minute spent with her has been very enjoyable.

JB is coming along nicely after his first surgery. We went for the first follow-up bright and early this morning, and all seems to be in order. We're in the drops phase of having to plop both antibiotic and steroid drops into the eye four times a day, but this is very easy to do and he doesn't seem to mind too much.

(I can remember having to administer antibiotics to Stewey four times a day, and thinking I would go out of my mind trying to find the exact right flavor and color of deli American cheese to hide it in. Fortunately, there's no cheese nonsense involved with my Jersey Boy.)

(Thank God.)

In addition to the follow-up appointment this morning were several errands and to-dos to be done, and I'm happy to report that they have all been finished and I am now ready to enjoy the rest of the day...which will most definitely include a nice long nap and oven roasted salmon for dinner.

Tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday are my days to finish chores here at CS2 so I can do nothing next week. We are expecting HOT weather ahead, and I'd like to spend it bobbing in the pool rather than climbing Mt Laundry or planting balcony flowers.

Other than that...life is swell, Dearies. I seem to be getting my fair share of nasty notes, comments, and emails lately, but I'm blaming planetary alignment on that. I can go months and months without nary a peep and then BLAMMO...Hate City, USA. I'll never understand it, but at least it doesn't send me under the covers in a tearful mess for as long as it used to. 

I actually appreciate Betty rearing her ugly head every now and then. I think it keeps my ego in check and reminds me how much I really do love this thing of ours that somebody cares enough about it to remind me what a total asshat I am.

Yeah.

Keeps me humble.

Happy Thursday! I hope your corner of the world is wonderfully swell and that you are doing everything you want to and nothing you don't. Come tell me all about it!

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that everything went well with JB's surgery! Trust me, the eyedrop phase of things get old since, at least with my doctor, I was doing both eyes one week. Enjoy pool time! I'm off to Seattle for a HS graduation, and highs are in the low 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember this: "Don't try to win over the haters; you're not the JackAss Whisperer."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one! And very appropriate. Not worth wasting precious energy on the haters, except to feel (a little bit) sorry for them that they CHOOSE to be miserable. So sad that they have to spread their unhappiness around.

      Delete
  3. How very rude of people to send hate mail! I just cannot understand how people have time to do this in the first place. There lives must be so boring if that is how they spend their time.

    Here in SE Idaho, we are perhaps thinking we have arrived in summer. I hardly dare write this for fear we will arrive in the last stages of winter again or the first stages of the next winter. It will reach in the 80's--oh, rapture! I might even dare to show my elbows in public. Already I have sandals on. Please forgive my flagrant show of old flesh! Ha ha ha. It feels so very great to greet the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't understand why people bother to send nasty comments. It seems such a waste of energy to me. One of my favorite flosstubers recently said that she had received an unusual number of nasty comments. I was watching a Live Stream of part of the Queen's Jubilee last week and the comments were absolutely hateful - I wondered why the commenters were even watching the live stream since they seemed to hate the Royals so much! Boggles my mind. BTW Eliana is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it’s a sign of unhappy people having way too much time on their hands. Ignore them all and carry on…..l love your posts, you keep it real, mostly…..I think you underplay the struggles of kidney disease/transplants but it probably isn’t good for you to share too much or the Betty’s of the world would come down on you like a house on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cataract surgery is the best thing ever! I got corrective lenses implanted when mine were removed. Feels like a miracle to wake up every morning and being able to see. The drops are a short lived inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the first surgery went well for JB! Enjoy the pool and stay cool and hydrated, dear Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Mt Laundry is actually Laundry Hill! Bobbing in the pool sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Coni, I don't understand how anyone could send you anything nasty. I really don't . You've met challenging times with grit and humor, and you're an inspiration to us all. I'm glad JB is doing well post cataract surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Coni, if people send nasty, hateful comments, then it's a reflection of them not you. Keep on doing what you do and ignore the Bettys of the world xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Coni, I will never understand why people feel the need to send nasty comments. You and your blog are beautiful and I am so thankful that you take the time to share with us. I can't believe 14 years has flown by! Have a fabulous weekend and I am so happy to hear JB is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad JB is doing well and your beautiful stitch is coming along as well. A pox on those who are so filled with venom they strike out at others! luv
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete