May 5, 2022

IN WHICH WE HAVE A THURSDAY THAT FEELS VERY MUCH LIKE A FRIDAY

The Cottage Care team came today instead of tomorrow, and it has completely bobcomdistulated me! Normally, we use the every other Friday schedule to run errands and to go out for breakfast, and I get my labwork done, so we got it together and headed out early today instead.

(I know it's nuts, but I don't like to be here when CC comes to clean, because it makes me feel so guilty that I'm not doing it myself, and I'm completely paranoid that everything is a mess and not fit for company.)

(Isn't is somehow comforting to know that despite all of these big changes in my life I'm still your lovable goofball?)

Labwork did not exactly go as planned. The phlebotomist blamed me for being dehydrated, but I secretly blamed her for not knowing what the h-e-double-hockey sticks she was doing.

I have to go back tomorrow because company policy says they're only allowed to stick a patient four times before they have to give up.

(I'm going to make sure to double up on my pre-lab water!)

There's a wonderful little restaurant downtown South Bend called The Early Bird Eatery, and we've gone there about four times now. As God is my witness, the food is always perfection, and I even like their damn good! I don't normally order coffee when out because I'm so fussy about it, but theirs is just delicious (even if the darn cups are two small).

I dropped Rich off at CS2 and took myself to the Martin's like a grown woman, and got provisions for our newest meal idea: SALAD BAR. I'm going to do my best to clean, chop, and containerize everything so that several times a week we can have a healthy dinner. We do pretty well, but with the warmer weather coming, I really want to double down and get these darn post transplant pounds OFF once and for all.

(You'll be happy to know that I am within ten pounds of my pre-transplant weight! According to my Bean Team, it's not unheard of for patients to gain a lot more than that, so I am actually pretty happy that my gain was within what Dr Goggins expected.)

But seven months is long enough to be fiddling around. Time to go back to my Operation GO routines.

I am stitching, when not distracted by new coloring markers or a Philadelphia sports team on the TeeVee. Right now, I'm obsessed with the Sixers getting themselves out of trouble in their series with Miami, and the Phillies getting themselves out of trouble in general! 

Here's the latest progress:


I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in Hoosierville we seem to be trapped under one big heavy permaclound and cold drizzly weather that seems to have started sometime last October. With the exception of the Blue Gold game day, I don't think we've seen the sun for more than four minutes. Today is rain and 45 degrees, and from what I can tell from the forecast, it looks like 110 and sunny starting this weekend.

Go figure.

(Yes, Betty. I exaggerate. Again. As I am wont to do. But high 70's or 80's to me might as well be the vestibule to Hell. Remember, Dear. I'm built for cool comfort...not for hot speed.)

Speaking of comfort, our therapy pool water was a little on the cool side yesterday, so I am pretty sore today. It does feel good to know that I worked my joints and muscles well, but methinks I might need a nice warm soak in the bubble tub tomorrow!

So that's the latest from Spinster World today, Dearies! I'm sorry to be so darn boring, but if you stay tuned long enough I'm sure I'll trip over something fun or dramatic eventually!

What's new with you?

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're active and enjoying daily routines. I have a good start on grandson's stocking, and I had a massage yesterday, first time in 3 years and it was bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure you don't get the same phlebotamist tomorrow. I had a sadistic one once who ignored all the things I told her about what works with my veins. I was so angry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always nice to hear what is going on in your corner of the world.

    I have a question about the blood draws. I am really hard to stick early in the morning, so my favorite vampire uses the veins on the back of my hands. This is of course with normal size blood draw needles and I am not sure if they are using huge needles on you or not. It is something to inquire about if the thought of using the hands does not bother you. (It does for some folks and I understand.)

    Take care and enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just because people work in health care doesn't mean they know what they are doing! Never be afraid to speak up and ask for someone who knows what they are doing or to speak to a supervisor. Now because of this person's incompetence you have to return tomorrow. Hope your visit goes well and all is uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek you might want to request a new phlebotomist. Dehydrated. Yeah, right. She was at fault, not you. We're gonna do the same around here after our vacation. Lots of salads and healthy eating. Summer is the best time for that. I need to take off the 10 lbs I put on this winter, plus an additional 20 lbs I don't want anymore. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's odd how a "simple" change in routine messes with how you think what day it is. Or the next day, and the next day.... Everyone can have a day when things don't go right, you certainly did at the lab, so did the pheb...pheleb...oh rats - the vein poker. Yes, tank up on the water before you go today! And I'd be asking for someone else, too soon to face the same one again for me.

    A DIY salad bar at home sounds good. The only way I eat salad is if they are easy to prepare or already prepared. I should do that for home like I used to do for lunches when I was working. Red birds is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red birds are looking good, Coni. Sorry about the jabs at the lab! I usually tell whoever is doing it, they get 2 chances and they always look at me like I have sprouted an extra head or maybe arm. Your salad bar idea is a good one. Might have to borrow it! Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a salad bar at home several werks ago, and we loved it! When life settles down a bit so we're home again, I plan to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching is so pretty! I just finished the first season of Julia on HBO Max. It was wonderful! If you need a new show you should give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I also have a cleaning lady come to my home every other week. I even feel guilty saying that, I have a full-time job and she is how my house stays clean. But, I don't like to be there when she is there either. Definite guilt complex.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's never boring reading about your daily life, Coni! Your arm looks pretty painful, hope you got someone who knew what they were doing when you went back. As for the cleaning, it's taken me about 5 years to not fret over the state of the house before the cleaning lady comes *lol. I just remind myself that if I use my energy for cleaning, I won't be able to do anything else.

    ReplyDelete