Apr 19, 2022

IT'S NOT EASY BEING ME


 

I've spent the better part of three weeks trying to figure out what's wrong with me. 

(Insert obvious joke here,)

Needless to say, Yours Truly is just plain old tired and sore and out of sorts and feeling like my sister dropped a house on me.

We're narrowing in after three doctor's appointments, a trip to Urgent Care, tons of lab work, and a night in the Emergency Room.

At first we thought everything was due to a UTI, then the flu, and then they discovered a stricture/narrowing of the renal artery. THAT one sent me and everybody up here into a total frenzy, and I swear they were warming up an ambulance to get me down to the Indy Bean Team...stat!

Dr Goggins and Co looked at everything that was sent to them, shrugged their shoulders, said "eh", and told us all to calm down.

So.

It appears that my thyroid level is just completely OFF, so I saw my buddy Dr Cavanaugh this morning and he's going to get me all fixed up.

Please bear with me for a bit while I patch myself up and get up off the dirt. I do have a little stitchness to show, since my one or two hours of awake time each day is spent with needle in hand: 


This is the Red Bird Sampler by Brenda Gervais, and I'm stitching this on 28ct linen with the all of the charted threads except the red. For that, I'm using Classic Colorworks Ribbon Ted instead of DMC817.

Happy Tuesday, Dearies! I hope you are having a good day and that your week is off to a roaring start!


15 comments:

  1. Bless your soul! And every atom in your body! You have been so very brave. Rest now and relax. Thank goodness for an answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how that one little thing (thyroid level) can discombobulate the whole works. Been there--done that. What put us on to that was my hair falling out. sheesh. Hope they get it all straightened out. Sometimes takes a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy. I'm sorry you've had more medical adventures. Glad they've been figured out and you'll soon be back to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hope that the solutions are found and you can be eased into
    recovering your momentum. In the meantime, please pace yourself
    and allow whatever is prescribed to work its magic.... no fretting, please... all will be well. Bless your spunk and golden needle to
    get you through, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the upheaval be over and you're soon back to feeling much better! Symptoms can be pretty scary, especially after a transplant. Hangin there, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad (a) it's something, so you know it's not just you, and (b), most importantly, that it's something that is so easily fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ai carumba! What a hot mess! Wonky thyroids are no fun. I'm sure you'll be back to your sassy self in no time. Love, love, love the red bird sampler....I'm off to 123 Stitch to see if they have it.....the red floss you're using is da 💣...luv,
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  8. As we know, just when you think things are looking up, they throw you on the ground. My friend went to bury her husband this last weekend, stepped on a mat that was covering up a hole in the sidewalk. Broke her ankle, has 2 black eyes, a bruise on her forehead. Looks like she went a round with Ali. It's not just you. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! Well, at least you have a good team working on/with you. I hope they get it figured out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bird piece is looking good, Coni. Glad they have it figured out and hope they get your thyroid back in groove.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling yourself. I was wondering what was up when you weren't doing much blogging. I hope you get feeling better soon. Your project is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, aren't you just acting up 😉
    Gentle ribbing aside, I'm so glad that your Docs have the situation under control & I'm sure you'll be dancing a jig on the back nine in no time flat 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lets the docs figure it out, take care of yourself and come back when you feel more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you, my thyroid was completely wacky, it makes you feel awful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh Coni, talk about being put through the mill! I hope you start to feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete