Mar 15, 2022

THE IDES? THEY WEREN'T SO BAD.

Today was pool day at the gym. First, a few laps in the swimming pool, then a few walking laps in the therapy pool, and then a few minutes in the whirlpool. 

All together I got a good forty minutes of moving. I realize it wasn't weight bearing, which I need to get for my bones, but it felt great to move and stretch and get my heart beating pretty good.

Tomorrow will be back to the treadmill for slow walking, which will be the Mon-Wed-Fri routine and the water activities will be on Tue-Thur. I can't take official classes until April (because this session is full), but I hope to add a few in there...stretch and balance, yoga, pilates, water aerobics, etc.

Time for bed, I think. Nightmares kept me awake almost all night last night, so I'm tired!

I hope your Tuesday was as you hoped it would be! What's new in your corner of the world?

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! Treadmill then water sounds like a good routine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely time in the pool - the great thing is it supports you and you feel you can do so much more. I also used to do the gym alternating with swimming and the following week swapped the days. Eventually did just the swimming as it was really toning my body and I was swimming almost 2 miles each time! When I was young and we were at the seaside, my parents usually had to start walking home to get me out of the water - once in, I was there for the duration. Oh the prune fingers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pool time sounded great, Coni. It sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful fitness plan, very sane and balanced.

    ReplyDelete