Feb 16, 2022

NEW PLAN


 

That sound you heard was my big book of lists crashing to the ground after its launch out of the window.

Houston, we have a new plan.

Thanks to your excellent advice, I have decided to make this a true Spinstercation...full of all of the things I love and completely devoid of shoulds, ought tooose, musts, and really have tooose. Phooey on all of that c.r.a.p. I'm a fully grown Spinster who was recently cut in half and had her inner parts moved all about, and I'm a new mom to a bouncy baby kidney and I need to rest.

(Pause for eye roll and smirk of derision.)

I do need to at least clean out the fridge today for a grocery delivery at 3:00, so despite my best intentions, I will have to actually stand up at least once or twice. My list said to completely gut the kitchen, clean and disinfect it to within an inch of its life, and then re-organize and containerize, but instead I think I'll just throw away old cheese and shove stuff to the back and forget about it.

Baby steps, Dearies. Baby steps.

I do have my menu figured out, which is a huge thing for me. I'm pretty happy with my breakfast/lunch tray: greek yogurt, a banana, two mandarins, and a "sweet" of some kind (like a biscotti or little scone, etc). For dinners, I've given myself three options: a veggie pita (*), veggie soup, or baked salmon with veg and rice. That should get me back on track in the nutrition department quite nicely, and get me off the Rice Krispy treat binge that I've been on.

The one thing I know for sure, is that I'm going to stitch. I was having so much pain in my hands, but I got the OK from Dr Yaqub (my new IU nephrologist) to use a topical cream, and it has really done the trick. I miss stitching, and I know you are probably as tired as I am of mindless blathering coming from this here blog, so we'll see of we can't fix that. Today.

My latest fancy nails are fun, but have been vetoed by Aunt Chrissy. I think I did it backwards and should have used the pattern as an accent instead of vice versa, but I'm leaving them on until Sunday.



OK. So that's my blathering for today. I am going to get some laundry started, because that's not really a chore, but rather a way to force me to get a little movement.

See how I did that? I snuck a list item in there and justified it as something I actually WANT to do!

Happy Futzingday, Dearies! I hope you are warm and safe and dry and that if you are in the path of anything you are all stocked up and have lots of stitching to keep you company. We're supposed to have a storm here tomorrow, so I suspect it might be another cozy pajama day for Yours Truly!

9 comments:

  1. Your nails are fine they are on your hands so do them how ever you want to. I'm a stylist and nail tech and my hands usually don't even match, LOL! Too much fun stuff to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your "blathering" and love to see your stitching! I bite my nails too much to do anything pretty with them, but I think yours are gorgeous. Enjoy doing your nail wraps any way you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've decided to just let yourself rest and stitch! And your nails are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of topical cream are you using? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your nails, Coni! You've definitely made the right decision to have a Spinstercation; despite what your'shoulds' and 'musts' tell you, your body needs TLC and you deserve it! Have a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, have a wonderful spinstercation! I don't consider laundry a chore 'cuz other things can happen while it is doing its sploshing and twirling. I think your nails look pretty. Blather on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those little flower nails! Spinstercation sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blathering is not mindless. Your mind is still there!

    ReplyDelete