Feb 7, 2022

MONDAY

For somebody who has an aversion to clutter, I sure seem to have a lot of it! I know it's a cooped up side effect, but the walls are closing in around me today, Dearies, and I'm ready to start chucking stuff off of the balcony into the snow drifts below.

I am, however, nicely showered and dressed in clean, comfy pajamas, and I've had a lovely light breakfast of yogurt and a banana, so now it's time to do a little bill paying and paperwork tending, and then an afternoon of stitching awaits me.

No additional progress on my piece, I'm afraid. I spent the entire day yesterday screwing around on the interwebs and staring at the TeeVee, so not a stitch was taken.

Shame, shame, shame.

Thank you for you comments and questions about the new "look" I'm trying to rock. The nail wraps were a total accident, actually. I use a company called Beyond Polish for my nail stuff, and they had these Lily & Fox wraps for a few bucks, so I thought I would play with them. I have to say...they've been on a full week now and still look exactly like they did when I put them on. I think the trick is to apply a nice coat of clear topcoat and seal your edges. (In my case, that's CND Vinylux clear top coat.)

As for any other hippy dip things for me to try, I'm thinking of tattooing my head with flames a la Bam Bam Bigelow, the professional wrestler. Wouldn't THAT look great at 10:00 Mass in the Basilica?!

(I sat next to Bam Bam on a plane once, and when I offered him my grapes and told him they are nature's jelly beans, he giggled like a little girl, and I loved him there and then.)

(Sadly, I think he has passed away, so any head flames would have to be an homage.)

Seriously, though, I am contacting a company here called Hello Gorgeous, that can refer me to stylists who are experienced with this issue. And again (this is for you, Betty)...I am in no way complaining about it! The gift of my new kidney is worth ANY side effect, and despite my fussing with nails and ear cuffs, I'm totally sweating the small stupid stuff that used to drive me bats**t crazy.

Happy Monday, Dear Friends! I hope your week is off to a wonderful beginning. Come tell me all about it!


9 comments:

  1. It must be living indoors so much this time of year, and I am decluttering almost every day. I'm taking 5 minutes at a time and chucking stuff in the mud (no snow here right now). Yesterday it was paper shopping bags, all sizes. Opened a whole square foot in the closet and got them all in one place. It brings a little joy. So glad you're doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy decluttering, it gives me a nice sense of achievement! Coni, you made me smile imagining you with flames tattooed on your head :-) Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that everytime I declutter, thinking oh I won't need that any more, it comes back to haunt me? Just a fact of life I guess, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem with decluttering is I still remember why I got items. And I am still sure I'll get those projects done. Hence the stacks of fabrics, boxes of patterns and threads, shelves of books. Other things I'm hit by "could be useful someday". Even some older cross stitch patterns I have no interest in stitching any more - I keep them because of the way shading was done, or to use bits in a sampler I keep thinking I'll design some day. Since I don't have much luck in getting things out, I'm working hard to keep things from coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think decluttering is sparked by the drearies of late January and February. Hope your Monday was enjoyable once you got the paperwork attended to and hope you have a swell Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In your picture your hair looks thicker than mine and several of my clients. I'm a stylist. You were use to very thick hair before. It will probably come back in time. Try not stress about it as stress can cause hair loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. easy, beautiful, temporary tattoo? Henna !!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where's the clutter? Your photos put me to shame - or is it all piled up in some corner? I think during "normal" times, space seems more expansive and we "spread out".... sit in one chair continually and, using what is needed for what you do, without "moving" to put things away, you will accumulate to the point of clutter... the radius of our reach creates it...
    Your hair still looks luxurious, Coni, but your pursuit of remedies may also help others looking for an answer. Love
    the Bam Bam story... only you would label grapes nature's
    jelly beans... here's to another giggle. Have a great day
    and enjoy the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband enjoyed your story about Bam Bam Bigelow. He was a wrestling fan and remembers Bam Bam.
    Anne in PA

    ReplyDelete