Feb 9, 2022

LOOK AWAY, BETTY. LOOK AWAY.

Fair warning, Dearies...this post is about nail wraps and not about stitching. (Betty hates it when I talk about things other than stitching, so I decided to give her a heads up.)

So here's my first set of Lily & Fox nail wraps after ten days wear:

(They still looked great, but I was bored and trying not to eat my face off, so decided to change them.)

First I removed the old set:
I dipped each nail for just a few seconds and used the little scrubby thing inside, and they came off like a dream in a matter of about ten seconds.

Then I put the new set called "Adore Me" on. For my middle finger and ring finger I needed to stretch the wrap a bit to make sure it covered completely, but this was very easy to do and I'm happy with the result:

I confess that the "accent nail" look is new to me, but in the spirit of getting out of my ruts, we're going with it.

To "seal" everything, I used this top coat, and I made sure to cover the edges:

And then, finally, I used this oil on my cuticles like I do every night like clockwork:

I'm not a spokesperson for any of these companies, but I do love their products! The very best part of this for me is that the nail wraps are very inexpensive compared to a salon manicure (or even a bottle of good polish for a diy). Three dollars is an indulgence I can afford every once in a while, and I love that I can look down at something cheery!

Back to stitching tomorrow, I promise!

12 comments:

  1. CND Solar Oil - it makes your nails feel extra special 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look fabulous, Coni! Where do you get the nail wraps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look great -- and your cuticles even better. I'll have to try your oil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo hoo! Lovely and perfect for Valentine's Day!💓❤❤❤💅💅👍👍
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest those nail wraps are prettier than a manicure. Those first ones would be beautiful for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 days! They lasted really well. It's nice to play with something different - and the pinky red ones are pretty too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll take the plunge and try some nail wraps and see how they do on my super soft flexible nails. The ones you put on today - perfect for Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Cuticle oil is a must for nice nails and you are using a good one.

    ReplyDelete