Jan 2, 2022

SUNDAY, LOVELY SUNDAY


 

I had such a long sleep, Dearies, that I'm just getting started on my Sunday at 1:00 in the afternoon! And, the best part of it is that I don't feel one bit guilty about it, and I'm going to have a lazy and quiet day with impunity.

The Mill Hill snowman is coming along, but I had to put it on stretcher bars due to some pretty significant arthritis pain in my hands trying to hold it without. As I was covering the borders in washi tape I wondered why I never thought of using washi tape on needlepoint canvases in the past.

Could it be the fact that I had never HEARD of washi tape?

I'm going to finish my damn good, read the paper, and then go play with my planner for a bit and get it all set up for the new year. I honestly don't know what will occupy all of the empty space now that I don't need to record dialysis info, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. 

Happy Sunday, Dearies! I hope you are all warm and safe and dry and happy and that your day is exactly as you hope it will be! Come tell me all about it!

11 comments:

  1. Oooooh -- pretty tape, so nicely coordinated with the stitching!

    Speaking of stitching "technology", I recently saw on FB someone using magnetic cable ties to attach their stitching to the Q Snaps. I had never heard of cable ties before, but they are a thing! (available on Amazon) And apparently hold tightly but are easy to reposition. And come in many colours!!

    I'll post the link on your FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw them, bought them, and used them! My sister and I tried to create these about ten years ago...who knew?!?!

      Delete
  2. Good for you on the planner. I think about getting one and that seems to be as far as I get with that idea, LOL! Enjoy your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet stitch Coni! Luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh for a chance to even sleep to late morning would be wonderful. Sounds like you are really relaxing now. Washi tape - also new to me, but was introduced a couple of years ago to mark a line on the sewing machine as a guide for quarter inch seams for our patchwork. I used it for wrapping gifts too - easier to peel off than cellotape and I don't get the glares as family try to undo their presents! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a perfect Sunday, Coni. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Washi tape does work on canvas. Not as sticky as artist tape. It helps have tape that coordinates with the canvas. I didn't. And that Hello Kitty pink was a major distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two things, are the marijuana creams available where you live? They are awesome on my pinky finger and thumb pain from needlework I expect. Also I wear a finger (Less) tip glove that is a craft glove that supports my fingers which I love and my regular Dr. said it a great idea to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just kidding, Coni!

    When I first heard about washi tape, I thought....meh.

    THEN I got some! Life. Changing.

    Now I have probably 100 rolls, which isn't a lot compared to some washiholics....

    It's just pure fun!

    ReplyDelete