Jan 8, 2022

IT'S ALL OVER BUT THE BACKSTITCHING



Well, Dearies, I'm huddled under my new Peanuts cozy blanket (a lovely Christmas gift from Rich), and I'm contemplating breakfast, a hot shower, and a day of stitching.

Silly Spinster beaded her snowman last night and then realized that backstitching should have been completed first. But, contrary to my crazypants reputation for doing completely irrational things, I left the beads in place and finished about 75% of the backstitching before going to bed.

I'm a bit bleary-eyed this morning because my movie-like dreams have changed from romantic comedies to action adventure sagas. Last night I was being chased by a gunman that I kept trying to negotiate with while stuffing my friends and family through a little hole in the wall so they could escape to an attic.

(Never fear...I haven't finally lost the plot. This is one of the unfortunate side-effects of one of my transplant meds. I seem to be reacting more and more to them as time goes by, so I'm gathering as much info as I can in order to have a good conversation about them at my next clinic visit.)

(I've also got hair loss, skin sensitivity, heightened reaction to pain, insomnia, increased appetite, body aches, and extreme fatigue.)

(But I also have a new kidney, so these seem to be very minor issues compared to my past dialysis life!)

My diet has been choppy and inconsistent at best. I went from having absolutely no appetite and having to force myself to eat a little something to being ravenous from the moment I get up until the moment I go to bed. I have dropped a few pounds in the last two weeks, but I think the days of eating 800 calories are behind me. So for now it's all about trying to make better choices and reaching for apples and oranges rather than Tastykakes and Combos.

The weekend is upon is! Here's hoping that it's peaceful, happy, and lovely for is all! Come tell me all about what's blowing your skirt up today!


9 comments:

  1. He is such a cute little snowman! I hope you have a more restful sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to keep snacks I shouldn't have out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute snowman, I hope your health issues soon resolve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers and good thoughts...things will get easier...love the snowman stitch. luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni, be careful with those dreams! A few weeks ago, I was dreaming I was in a hotel (brothel?) in the wild west when some 'bad guys' came in. Trying to escape them, I jumped into the stairwell (movie memory?) and FELL OUT OF BED. I've also started taking care of myself (in dreams) by yelling HELP at the top of my lungs - I know this because it wakes me up in the middle of a good strong yell! Told my family about it so they won't break their necks trying to get down the stairs to see why I'm yelling!! Ah, sweet mystery of life... It's so good to hear stories about your NEW life. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowman! Thanks for being honest and open about the side effects of your meds. Hopefully, your medical team can offer some help with these.
    It looks like a crisp, cold day so I'll be in the garden doing some tidying later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loving that little snowman! But then again, I love snowman. Hoping those issues resolve as far as your health, but I had to grin about the dreams. I have those occassionally.
    I am working on several snowman embroidery blocks and they will be turned into a quilt eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Coni, you make me chuckle. Your snowman is adorable and it won't be much longer before you put the first few stitches in on Bower birds. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete