Jan 16, 2022

GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME!


 

Well, Dearies, your Spinster is decidedly pooped today. I confess to staying up a bit late reading, and despite my very best attempt to caffeineate, I find myself dragging.

Never fear. There is a lovely pork roast with roasted vegetables doing their thing in the oven, and I am freshly showered and armed with vats of iced lemon water and the Sunday New York Times for company.

If I can, I will resume stitching in a bit. I ended up pulling out my coloring books and markers last night because my hands were just too darn painful to hold a needle.

We are expecting some snow overnight, which might mean labwork will be pushed to Tuesday. So far, my numbers seem to be holding steady, but I will feel much better when I can have eyes laid on me at the end of the month.

Happy Sunday to one and all! I hope you are tucked in with something wonderful to occupy you today! Come tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. What were you reading that kept you awake? I am in a bit of a book slump -- not finding things that really grab me. So could use a recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a new piece last night. I do one new piece for Valentine's Day each year, and figured I had better get moving on it. I'm also crocheting an afghan. I had a double skein of beautiful colors, so decided rather than to box it with so many others, I'd do something with it. It's nice to work on something like this on a cold winter's night indeed. We've had lots of rain and wind today. Just flood warnings for our area which is good. I always enjoy your posts, and I'm always keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m knitting right now. Found out the reason I can’t see is cataracts, and they need to come out. 😖

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find if I read at night, I can't stop once I'm really deep in it! So reading now for daytime only.
    Cold and frosty today, which is a welcome change from wind and rain as it brings the sun too! Pork roast sounds super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday, Coni! The snow/sleet/freezing rain/ice has moved off and so the clean up begins. What are you reading that kept you up? Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete