Jan 15, 2022

DEARIES, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE...




Well, here we are on a sunny, but very cold Saturday. I slept in and am wrapped up in my Snoopy robe...trying to get motivated to get things done. It's the strangest thing that I just can't seem to get out of...the panic of only having a few short hours each week to do laundry or bake or pay bills or...

But as I was frantically trying to strip the bed and get the dishwasher emptied and and and...

I remembered that I have all week to do these things!

Happy, happy Saturday to one and all!

(By the way, the cinnamon roll verdict? Positively, absolutely, delicious!)

6 comments:

  1. I've been retired almost 4 years and I still have this subconscious idea that I have to get everything done on the weekend 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the first things I did when I retired was to think about my weekly schedule. Then I was able to figure out the best days for laundry, grocery shopping, etc. Otherwise, I knew I would also be trying to fit all the chores in over the weekend. It has really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlearning a long time habit is hard! What Susan said is a good idea.
    Seeing your cinnamon rolls made me want to bake some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Coni, it has only been three months or so and part of that was spent in Indy. I do like Susan's idea above. Glad the cinnamon rolls were delicious. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a jammies-all-day day is the best treat! I hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many of us still look at the help wanted ads in the paper. I do and am amazed that for many jobs I am obsolete (at 77yrs). I still can't get a routine started and kept up for laundry/housework. My tombstone could say "she didn't procrastinate this one".

    ReplyDelete