Dec 23, 2021

IN WHICH WE TAKE SLOTH TO AN ENTIRELY NEW LEVEL

Hello, Dearies!

Well, as much as I would love to report that I am on TOP of my Christmas week to do list, the truth of the matter is that I managed to do absolutely nothing for the entire day yesterday! I didn't get out of the chair unless it was to use the powder room or get something else to eat.

Combos and Rice Krispy treats were the main focus, but there was also yogurt, bananas, Costco bisconies, Chinese food, and probably a ton of stuff I can't even remember. The scale definitely reflected my gluttony this morning, so today we are WATCHING IT!

(I confess, though, that it was spectacular to do absolutely nothing, and I'm thinking that I might need to schedule a day like that into every week.)

In the evening I binged the final season of Sex and the City and a few holiday movies while stitching. I'm afraid that I ended up frogging all of my progress, though. For some reason, I just couldn't get the thread to behave, and I kept thinking that beads would be prettier. So out it all came, and I decided to put it in time out for a bit.

This lovely thing arrived from Russia yesterday:

I know, I know...black fabric! But it's just so pretty that I am going to give it my very best try. And, if it proves to be too much of a struggle, I will either enlarge the fabric count or switch it to something lighter.

So today is off to a good start so far. I've talked to my JB, texted my sister, had a bit of damn good, and chatted with you, my dearies. I did get the first load of laundry sploshing, so things are definitely going in the right direction!

Happy Thursday to one and all! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!






 

11 comments:

  1. A do nothing day once a week is a wonderful idea! I love the russian stitch project-it's beautiful! I have the same feeling about black fabric, though. It's so beautiful when the project is finished, but it is such a bear to deal with while you're stitching. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black fabric will be a challenge - but it will be so worth it. The pattern is glorious! Worse comes to worse, you might want to try your headband with a light to bring some extra photons to the party. I've a magnifying headband with light (Carson, cost $35) and it can be hugely helpful. Good luck. I'm off to make a gingerbread brownie. One of those recipes that will either be wonderful or awful. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious cardinal cross stitch...be still my beating heart!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty chart, but it will be a while before I stitch on black linen again. Even using light fabric on my lap, AND readers, AND magnifier, AND light adjusted just right, it was tough. It probably didn't help I'm overdue to get my eyes checked. I still have to put the pieces for the casket together, but am working on the fob, pin keep, and needle book first. Not only are they smaller, but those are gray linen.

    Everyone needs a do-nothing day once in a while. Or at least a do-very-little day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, is it bad that it's December 23 and I haven't wrapped a thing. And I do have things to wrap. Maybe about 55 things. Can I get it done this evening after work. YES, I CAN. Say that 100 times and it might come true. I keep going home after work and doing nothing. This has got to stop.

    Have a great holiday, Coni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Sloth is my spirit animal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I enjoyed Sex and the City, after watching less than 10 minutes of its reboot, And Just Like That, I turned it off. (And that was before the news about Chris Noth.) So don't get your hopes up :-(

    And I'm with Debby on the Sloth as my spirit animal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a day off is just what you need. Everyone needs a day to just rest and unwind. After weeks of dull, murky sky it makes you want to hibernate! Happy Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coni, you are entitled (yes, entitled) to have a do nothing kind of day. It gives your body time to reset and re-energize. What a beautiful cardinal kit you received! Happy Christmas Eve Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Coni. Preparing for gathering tomorrow at my sister's. What a gift, after last year when we were all social distancing. So, I made sugar cookies with royal icing, which took me 4 hours since I do this once a year, and my decorating skills are terrible. If only I could stitch them. Oh well. My DH ate all the ugly ones, approximately half. Bless him.

    Happy Christmas Eve. Enjoy your stitching, relaxing, and keep getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, it's okay to do "nothing." "Nothing" actually is "something." It juices you up for the next round! Enjoy whatever comes, especially your new stitch project.

    ReplyDelete