Nov 5, 2021

THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY SPINSTER SHENANAGINS



I've never stitched in bed before, but last night I grabbed my stitchy light and needlepoint and enjoyed a little time with needle and thread before hitting the hay.

It was wonderful.

And today my bracelet arrived. This little beauty will be a life saver if I should happen to need emergency help and I am unconscious. It says that I am a kidney transplant recipient and gives IU's number so the first responders can call and make sure they don't administer anything that could hurt the new beanie.


Rich is here and going to catch up on some work while I take a nap, and then we might venture out for an early dinner.

Great news at clinic today! My numbers all look great and I have been released to drive! As a matter of fact, I drove us home from the hospital! Another milestone!

If all goes according to plan, they will remove the wound vac in a week or two and then I will be able to go to clinic once a week on Fridays only. That means that I should be able to go home sometime during the week before Thanksgiving barring any complications.

So all good news today, Dearies! The weekend is upon us, so I hope you will have lots of time to do all of the things and come tell me all about it!

33 comments:

  1. Good news upon good news!! What progress you're making. Driving! Dinner out with your guy! Stitching! All good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for good news! 🤩 Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous news! Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news!! I am so happy for you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful news, Coni. I'm so glad things are going well for you. God bless you for all the things you've given us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful Coni. Wishing you continued success in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so very happy for you! The Wound Vac is such an amazing healing device. Continued good vibes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What splendiforous news and assurance of answered prayers.
    May you and Mr. Wonderful have a great weekend, continuing the
    impressive progress you have made. Blessings +

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s SO nice to hear good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear such wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on so much wonderful news! I'm glad you got to stitch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo goo! So happy for you dear Spinster! Luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  14. auck....should be whoo hoo, NOT whoo goo....auto 🥕

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to read this. And spinster is on the road, literally. Look out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEAH; WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE AND COMING HOME IN THE FINAL STAGES OF THE HOMESTRETCH, YES? BLESSINGS...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your news warms my heart. Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The BEST news!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fabulous news, Coni! Continue with those small steps moving forward; you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way to go, girlfriend! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yippee skippee! Spinster Stitcher has rounded the bend! This is sooo exciting! Have a wonderful weekend with JB and come tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome news! My bedroom is too dark to stitch might be able to knit. Hope all goes well this week end and you can enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh gosh! Everything is sounding so good. So up and wonderful! I am so happy for you my friend! I have never tried stitching in bed. I have such a hard time getting comfortable just trying to read in bed, that I guess I have just never thought about the stitching! I need to look into it! Keeping you in my prayers my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete