Nov 2, 2021

LAUNDRY DAY!

Who knew that doing one's own laundry would be such a joy?!

My clinic visit was busy busy busy and very swell today. First up was a visit with Dr Goggins. My creatinine level was 1.1 -- the lowest it has been since approximately 2004. All of my other numbers are also good, but I am retaining a bit of water from the steroids (and probably all of the good salty protein), so a little Lasix on board will fix that toot sweet.

The wound vac dressing change took place without the help of any pain meds for the second week in a row, and the wound is looking very very good indeed. The nurse thinks it might be totally healed within the next week or two...about a week ahead of schedule! 

(I do have very gruesome, very graphic, very horrifying photographs of the incision to chart its progress, but those are going to stay in perpetual lockdown. Even for this TMI spinster who shares all of the intimate details of her life....they're a lot to take in.)

From there it was time to have the stent removed that was keeping things flowing smoother in the bladder regions. The prep and wait for the doc took longer than the actual removal, but I was able to view my innards on a TeeVee, so that was pretty cool.

(I was not, however, allowed to keep the stent as a memento of my visit. They're kinda funny about stuff they pull out of you around here, and didn't appreciate my "I'll fashion a lovely bracelet out of it" humor.)

And then, finally, the central line was removed. This one was a bit of a doozy, since it was in there pretty good and required the significant hand strength of the lovely doctor Brandon Black to tug what turned out to be a rather large gadget out of my right chest.

(More jokes about jewelry went unappreciated.)

At long last, we were back in Cheryl's van headed for some lunch before her return home. We went to a Greek restaurant this time called Greek Islands...a favorite of Miss Jane from Guild, so I thought of her the entire time I ate what I think must be the 50th gyro I've had since being here.

(I'm starting to think Angel must have been Greek or liked gyro, since it seems to be one of two things I have craved consistently since surgery. The second is the steak medallions, grilled veggies, and rice from the Weber Grill.)

Many of you commented about the fireplace in my room. It is, indeed, very pretty to look at, but unfortunately, not operational. I think it has something to do with covid and not getting inspected or installed properly or some such other reason, but I'm happy it's there.

This hotel is, sadly, in very bad shape mostly, but they did manage to remodel a few of their rooms not too long ago, and I am fortunate enough to now be in one after my uninvited visitor incident. I cannot say enough good things about the staff here....they are clearly working as hard as they can to run a property that has seen better days, and for the most part do an incredible job of it, but that first room I was in?

Um....should probably be closed and redone.

Once the laundry is done, folded, and carted back up to the room on my little scooter, I am going to don clean pj's and nap, snooze, and stitch the afternoon away. I did not sleep last night in anticipation of today's appointments and procedures as well as the Prednisone, so resting it will be for the next day or two.

My Rich returns on Thursday! He has been traveling a bit on a long-ago planned trip with his son to LasVegas, and then to see his mom in Mew Jersey, so it's been quite some time since I've clapped eyes on him. I am hoping that he sees a dramatic improvement in me, and I can't wait to get out and about with him to show him what I've discovered of Indianapolis this far.

I'll close for now, Dearies! As always, I really want to thank you for the outpouring of love and support and good wishes and kindnesses and generosity that have been such an enormous part of this journey! I literally could not have done it without you.

Thank. You. From. The. Very. Bottom. To. The. Very. Top. Of. My. Heart.

28 comments:

  1. Such a handful of good news! I am so happy that your recovery is going well and even ahead of schedule. Hang in there! You are loved by so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful update.... so happy for you that the ongoing
    procedures seem smooth and encouraging. Catch up on the rest and prepare for the grand reunion this week. Blessings +

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow! Such great progress!

    Could you share a picture of your scooter? I have a vision of you on a tiny tricycle!

    (removed my earlier comment because I thought of the scooter after posting it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news all around. Glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful update! I love how you have named your donor Angel, it is so appropriate. Get some rest and enjoy the reunion with JB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in tears. ThankyouGod. And Good Girl!!
    -p.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news, so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I would probably have wanted to keep the parts that were removed too. Maybe jewelry, or maybe a trophy. It seems like you should get to keep them, I think you've earned them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great update! I'm so happy to hear that your recovery is coming along so well. Enjoy your stitching, and have a wonderful reunion with JB!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted pictures of my hysterectomy and tummy tuck and although my Plastic Surgeon took my camera there alas were no photos. Probably something to do with a lawsuit. I also wanted the gall stones for a charm and yup... no go sheesh! And I asked while they were in there could they just take out my appendix? Good grief why can't I get a BOGO Free? No go. You'd think they have rules or ethics or something. I am so glad you can get out and about.. as that helps you to sleep. I just had my eyebrows microbladed over the weekend and am nursing that along. Glad your would sucker is going so well. Scraping that darn wound is so painful! Ugg,=. But after it was over (And healed) they gave me a certificate of Completion and achievement! And a star! Good news al around. How many more weeks do you think they will hold you? Will you be back home at Chez2 by Christmas? Stay where you are until you are 100% ready to travel. Hugs Ruth in Oxnard Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're doing well 💜

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to read so much good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! You go scooter mama!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing FABULOUSLY, dearie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What an amazing day you had! It is so great to hear things are progressing as expected and sometimes better than expected. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Husband had a wound vac after hernia surgery. I took to taking a picture each week so he could see the improvement each week. He loved it, made him feel like he was really getting it healed. I was appreciative of the fact they would have him come each week to have it attended to. I could but they knew it wasn't my cup of tea. They realized that when they had us in to measure for the vac and I almost passed out. When we went back that afternoon to get it put on, I had put a pampers on the incision to stunch the flow of blood. Those wound vacs are a blessing to get healed up. Take care, so glad things seem to be going your way! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoo hoo such progress! You are da 💣 dear Spinster! Ka-Boom! So good to hear this wonderful news. luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had my tonsils out when I was a science teacher, and I was so amazed I couldn't keep them. I tried the line about how the children would learn so much, but it didn't work at all. I swear they used to let you bring home things like that. And I double swear I've been in your hotel in maybe 2009 - If you're in a Marriott on a canal (or even if you're not, actually) I think I have almost the same photo, somewhere, as your last one. I have to look for it! I'm so glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, still joking while undergoing some unpleasant removals, but how interesting to see it on the TV. The heart surgeons had videoed my husband's heart and they let us see how it was before surgery (emergency stent!) and it was amazing. I guess you could tell the docs a thing or two about stitching neatly! How wonderful that you are healing up fast on the outside so removal of the zip could be quite soon! Enjoy your exploration shenanigans with Angel - maybe they did like Greek food!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so good to hear how well you are doing Coni, I'm so pleased for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. All great news!! I hope the time passes quickly until you JB is back with you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on reaching those milestones: doing your own laundry and enjoying it, getting the stent out, and having the central line removed! That’s pretty major. I’m so glad you’re feeling good. Keep up the good work, do what you’re supposed to do, and keep healing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It sounds like your recovery is moving along in the right direction if they are removing stuff like stents and central lines. Awesome! Glad to hear your numbers are doing well. Thinking of you, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad to hear your wonderful news!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a bucketful of good news. Got a little tingle from reading all that. Everybody's behaving the way they should, and so are you! Blessings on all who are tending you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for healing! Glad to hear you are doing well. Just don't push too hard, okay? Rest even when you think you don't need it. Continuing positive thoughts. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  27. “I'll fashion a lovely bracelet out of it"

    New kidney, same Coni ❤️

    ReplyDelete