Nov 16, 2021

IN WHICH WE ARE OFFICIALLY SANS MEDICAL APPENDEGES

WooHoo! I'm officially free from all things accessory in the medical department! Today they removed the wound vac and sent me on my way with a simple wet/dry bandage and instructions on how to properly change it myself.

Lovely Andy the Surgeon came in and gave it two thumbs up and said he was very happy with how the healing has progressed, and the Nephrologist went over all of my numbers and felt very good about a departure date of next Tuesday, barring any unforeseen complications.

So, Dearies, looks like I am on my way to being able to head back to Granger just in time for Thanksgiving!

A very happy day, indeed!

30 comments:

  1. YAY! Best wishes for continued healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! Continue to do as you're told. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! You have worked so hard to get to this milestone! Wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!! So happy to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Bravo. Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be another beginning of the "new normal life" ahead of you...it is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have lots to be thankful for, and I’m glad you will be home for the holiday. I’m so glad for your happy news. You are still in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home for Thanksgiving. What great timing. Now that's something to be thankful for. Does JB know how to make a turkey with all the trimmings?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news for you, Coni! Thanksgiving will be such an appropriate time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased that you are doing well Coni, I have been on tenter hooks these past few weeks. Did you have buzzy removed when you had your surgery, or is he still there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What awesome news to read! Coni, continue on with your healing and keep following those directions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's wonderful! Rooting for you that the go home schedule holds up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! I'm sure that your being such a cooperative patient has much to do with your being able to be home soon. This is the best news!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed something to be very thankful for! I am very relieved and tremendously happy for you....

    ReplyDelete