Sep 27, 2021

IN WHICH WE BEGIN A NEW WEEK


 

Good Monday morning, Dearies!

Buzzy and I are in the d-chair...all hooked up and doing our thing. He was a screaming meemee today, so I am just now getting my wits back about me after a very very painful stick. 

Phooey.

The countdown to my God daughter's wedding has begun! We will leave on Friday after I get home from treatment to head to Youngstown, Ohio for the festivities. I can't believe it's here already, and am so excited to see our Sara and her new hubby begin their adventure together!

My futzing and putzing on Saturday left me stiff and sore and very tired yesterday, so there wasn't a lot of anything, really. I did manage to get my next acorn mounted on its stretcher bars and ready to go, and I completed Step One of the cap, but then there was dinner to make and the kitchen to clean and by then I was done.

It looks like warm weather is going to be with us for a few more days, so I am hoping that I can hit the pool for a few final sploshes of the season. This year, I think I might join a fitness club a few miles away that has a pool and tons of classes, but I need to double-check that it is covered by my insurance (which I think it is through Silver Sneakers). 

On the reading front, I am happily enjoying Don Quixote once again. I read it in college and loved it then, and the re-read doesn't dissapoint. It reminds me that I need to work more classics into my rotation. I also want to get back to visiting the library. I indulged in a few amazon purchases during covid, but overflowing bookshelves remind me that it's better for me to borrow than to buy right now. Someday, if I return to a house/condo with enough room, I'll continue to add to my library, but for now methinks I better cool it.

So that's the report on a Monday from your hapless Spinster. I am looking forward to getting home, having a nice long nap, maybe a swim, and then jumping into that acorn!

What's on your agenda for the day? Come tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. I just love those acorns! I have already been to town for groceries and am just having a little break before I start a big pot of soup. Hope Buzzy settles himself down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Buzzy was a screaming meemee today. I have already been up the road to have blood drawn and a few other errands. Sitting here with my coffee and trying to get up the motivation to do the chores! Happy Monday, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Coni :-) I'm helping move our cows to a different field this morning, then baking a crumble this afternoon. Hope you're not too sore after today's treatment x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naughty Buzzy! I hope he chills out soon - so that you can!
    Here the windows are being replaced - timed it well for the wet and windy weather to come back again! Internet continues to disappear so I have lots of catching up to do before it goes again. Enjoy the lovely late summer while you can, but a trip to an indoor pool sounds good too for when the weather does get chilly. Take care and hope all goes well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the kindle app on my iPad. I can carry 10 full tall Billy bookshelves around in my purse without having to strain, and if I'm having a bad eye day I can enlarge the font to whatever is comfy. I joined Kindle Unlimited and get all the books from that category I can read for 10 bucks a month. I highly recommend it.
    Check for pools that keep their temps a bit higher than normal. It's better for water aerobics and pool walking than the frigid temps (with icebergs) that the lap swimmers enjoy.

    ReplyDelete