Sep 10, 2021

FRIDAY

Good morning, Dearies.

I futzed a bit with stitching yesterday, but not much. First up was a new project that is part of a series from Judy's Stitchery Nook:

This is a painted canvas and will be completed in various needlepoint stitches with various threads (as indicated by the stitch guide). I didn't have any suitable artist's tape to bind the edges of the canvas, so I used decorative washi tape instead.

Wonder why I didn't this of this sooner?!

(This little needlepoint project will be nice for the d-chair, I think, or when I hanker for something a little different.)

I also pulled Hoity Toity and added a few stitches to it before heading to bed:


The challenge with this one is that I've arrived at the part that requires a date, and I just can't decide which year to add. 2020, because that's when I started the piece, or 2021, which is when I will hopefully finish it?

Decisions, decisions.

The weekend is upon us, and I am determined to make the most of it and enjoy time with my JB. If the weather holds out, I would love to go to the pool for a bit before watching the Notre Dame game, and on Sunday I hope we can get ourselves back to Mass in the Basilica. 

I hope your very own weekend is full of fun and frolic and needles flying!

9 comments:

  1. Several times I have put the years I worked on a project. 2014-2017

    I always love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I put a date on a quilt for my son and it was years before I finished it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet new project, Coni! Glad to see Hoity Toity back out! I hope you have a smooth Friday and wonderful start to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always stitch the starting and finishing years such as "2020-2021" just to remind yourself of how long it took! Otherwise, I myself do the year it was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Coni: Just wanted you to know I have received my auction needlepoint from you. IT IS GORGEOUS! I will have this framed and placed in my refurbished sewing/reading nook.
    Thank you!
    Cindy from northern Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects Coni!
    And I just received my piece from the auction. It’s even prettier than the picture!! Your stitching is beautiful. 🥰 I will definitely be getting it framed so I can enjoy it and think of you!
    Thank you!!
    Susan in WV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoity Toity is magnificent...if you can fit start/finish dates,otherwise date completed...Who has to know how long it took? Our secret. Have a grand weekend with JB and by all means, Mass at the Basilica for complete measure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects! What about using a date that is special to you. Like the year your parents got married or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never add the date until I am almost done for this very reason. But I like the suggestion of a special date for you!

    ReplyDelete