Jul 7, 2021

WHY I AM A TOTAL BOOB, BY THE SPINSTER STITCHER HER VERY SELF

About a month ago, my JB announced that he had purchased special rooftop tickets to the South Bend Cubs. I said "Oh, that sounds nice" and promptly forgot about it until yesterday morning, when I realized the day had dawned.

And then I started to fret.

And fret.

And fret.

In my defense, it was about 145 degrees outside yesterday with 452% humidity, and I already wasn't feeling that great to begin with.

But I got myself ready to go and made JB promise that if we got there and it was too hot we could come home and he wouldn't be too terribly disappointed, and off we went.







It was sooooooo wonderful! The rooftop is actually a huge area with seating, a patio under shade, a bar, restrooms, and the best view. We had a buffet of burgers and hot dogs, got free hats, and had the entire place practically to ourselves. 

Oh....and there was a beautiful breeze up there that made it feel about fifteen degrees cooler.

I guess it just goes to show me that the Summer of Yes is turning out to be an enormous success, and I need to stop anticipating disaster.

No stitching to report, Dearies, but I'll remedy that tonight and tomorrow.

What's new with you?

11 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Sweet pic of JB and is Spinster too. Yes,sometimes you just never know...my DH and I have attended many aviation events. Sometimes the heat (and lack of shade) could knock you over, other times the weather was...cooperative and the food and porta potty lines weren't ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice treat. You two look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! So glad you said Yes! We all should more often. That is a great pic of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My baseball loving heart is living vicariously through your pictures! What fun! How wonderful to see the game from shaded, uncrowded seats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an A+ day. The two of you looks so good and relaxed. I'm going to start saying yes more often. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are the cutest!! Glad you had such a good time! I am prepping for a weekend of camping. With a tropical storm on the way. Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of you two! You look so happy. Often when I make plans they sound great in the moment. Then the time comes and the thought of doing that which is out of the normal routine causes me angst, I don’t want to go, and I wonder why I ever thought it was a good idea. MOST often I have a wonderful time.
    From what I can see of it - cute top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I worry and worry about going somewhere then find it's all ok and I needn't have used all my energy on worrying! Glad you had a good time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you Coni. Looks like you had a great time:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the day turned out so satisfying! Lovely pictures, including those of the happy people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete