Jun 30, 2021

YOWSA



Happy Futzingday, Dearies!

(At least I think it's Futzingday.)

The last few days have been a bit rough on your loveable portly spinster. Between medication changes at dialysis and some procedures at the skin doctor to remove barnacles from my neck and shoulders, I am full of holes, woozy, and ready to stay in the bug girl sleigh bed for the duration.

Phooey.

One of the oriblems with kidney dusease (among many) is that blood levels of certain things can go whacky from time to time. Phosphorous is one of those things, and to combat a build-up of it, I take pills with meals that bind to the excess phosphorous to get rid of it. Combined with this is a calcium issue related to the parathyroid glands, and there is another pill you can take that helps regulate that. Unfortunately, I seem to be intolerant of it, so they are trying to give me an alternative in my lines at the end of treatment, but I don't seem to be faring much better on it.

Ugh.

The weather isn't helping me, since hot and humid and I are not friends. At all. But the yood news there is that it's supposed to be beautiful here in just a day or two, so I should be able to breathe and flit about again in my golfing things.

Here's a little progress on Good in Everything:


If all goes well, I hope to spend a fair amount of time with it tonight and tomorrow. I have a few small chores to take care of in the morning and then have a visit with Dr Melfi at 1:00, but hopefully I will be able to grab a few hours with needle and thread.

Hope your day was swell! Come tell me all about it!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Coni Oh Coni today was a rough day for me. It stared with a midnight "emergency call" with a condo community that we manage and it was impossible to get resolved when the neighboring unit wouldn't respond to door knockings from another owner. She was scared and crying because of the condo collapse in Florida that her ceiling would cave in before morning. I had to assure her or try to that the chances of a shower leak from above although nasty was not going to create a building collapse. Then just after I got back to sleep to give me an update.. now its 12;30AM. The remainder of the day in HOA land didn't go smoothly but at 5:00pm here in California ...just a few minutes ago we turned the phones off and all of us Whooped! yeah we made it! I moved from Crisis to crisis throughout the day, finding solutions for life's HOA problems. It will get better and there WILL be a 3 day weekend! I will rest and relax and also do some quilting. Hand work. You have a good evening Coni. Ruth in Oxnard CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live about 45 minutes from Granger and I agree, this weather is horrible. We needed rain, and I am glad for it, but the humidity is unbearable. I'm just doing what I do every summer, just waiting for September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you are feeling better today. Like you, humidity and heat isn't good for me either so wilting like the Wicked Witch of the West! At the moment it is one of those unicorn galloping out of the mist mornings, a little bit less than a half moon visible in the blue above the mist. No unicorn sadly, but will make do with a squirrel. Sometimes being away with the fairies is more pleasant than reality!
    I do hope they find more survivors in Miami.'Tis very sad and my best wishes goes out to all victims and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, come east with your sweet man on his next trip. I"m not far from Atlantic City and you can chill here at the southern border on the beach with fine, glistening, white sand and the sound of the sea! So much cooler at the beach! Sending prayers you feel better quickly and get back to golf and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the tail end of Futzing Day was good for you. I seem to be a day behind on your posts. Have a marvelous Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they get your meds figured out soon! Good In Everything is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as a gardener by trade, i gotta say.. loving the rain!! my own yard (the shoemaker's child) finally got watered, and i have had the better part of the last week off to pursue "me time" (quilting and catching up around the house). gladly accepting your "hand me down" days !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too get the post a day behind. Love reading them whenever I get them. Take care. I'm in Indiana, too. Hasn't been my kind of weather either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coni -- you have invented a much needed word! "oriblems" = horrible problems

    Yes, I find too much humour in typos and AutoError.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless your heart. Sometimes cures make more maladies. Prayers that those in charge of your meds find what works. And hopes that it won't be too hot to golf! Hubs and I just returned from NC to meet our new step-great-granddaughter. (We shouldn't be ready for biologically-descended ones anytime soon!) Sweeter baby we've never seen. 4 months old, smiles a lot, wakes up cheerful -- we kept telling the parents that we don't know what they did to deserve that.

    ReplyDelete