Jun 6, 2021

OH...WHAT A LOVELY TIME WE HAD!

Magical.

Just absolutely magical.

Everytime I try to think of my favorite part of the weekend, something else pops into my head and then I think THAT might be my favorite, and then something else....and on and on it goes.

My goddaughter, Jacqueline (now the new Mrs McGue) and her new husband Blake had the wedding of their dreams, I think, and my sissyfriend Denise (the MOB) and my brotherinlawfriend Jeff (the FOB) were simply...perfect. Denise was absolutely flawless in her itty bitty tiny little dress and her itt bittytiny little shoes (she is quite petite, my little sissyfriend is), and Jeff's toast/performance left every man wanting to be him and every woman wanting to marry him.

The wedding party wore long black gowns and tuxedos, and the outdoor ceremony was stunningly lovely and, thank goodness, only fourteen minutes long. I was so moved by the Groom's emotions as he pledged his love and honor and fidelity to our girl, Jacqueline that I completely forgot that I was supposed to be hot and sweaty.

Sara...my younger goddaughter and Maid of Honor delivered what was, quite possibly, the most beautiful speech a sister could have ever made to her older sibling, and I was just so damn proud of the both of them I could have burst right out of my rayon/spandex blend dress.

As for me...you will be happy to know that I tried to comport myself with dignity and grace, and despite the heat, I managed to wear more makeup than a drag queen, and I was careful to keep my lipstick on. I honestly think it was the hair...my very first ever in my whole entire life UP DO! Where has this been all my life?! The minute I left the fancypants salon, I felt ladylike and like I wanted to sip delicately and eat daintily and cross my legs properly.

Yes...I did manage to dance. One song. Under protest and with all of my wobbly bits flying here, there, and everwhere to "Dancing Queen" and then again for a slow song with my JB, who I discovered to my shock and dismay does not know how to dance. At. All.



But I have to say, Dearies....the most unforgettable thing about this entire weekend was the fact that this family made Rich and I feel like we were part of it all....from the salon time with the girls, to being seated right there in the front row for the ceremony, and then right at the very best table with Denise and Jeff for the reception. It was an honor that I in no way deserved, but very very mich appreciated.

We are home safe and sound, I am as tired as I have ever been, and now the focus moves to our little Sara, who will bring us together again in October. Until then, I'm going to keep remembering favorite moments from this one and get myself back to reality next week!


I hope your very own weekend was also wonderful and that your heart is full!


23 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you had and what a grand time I had reading all about it! Your up-do was lovely --- I'm so glad that it was as wonderful and magical as you could possibly have hoped for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a joyful post! I can hear "Dancing Queen " playing!😊 So happy for you & yours! Luv,
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sounds lovely. I'm glad you had a wonderful time : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful! So happy you got to be a part of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weddings are so wonderful! Just hearing about this wedding brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of those special days that we keep in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been looking forward to your story, and it was worth the wait. Your hairdo was elegant! Everything about the weekend was elegant, and we're so glad for you and the Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds extraordinary. Can you post some pics of B & G?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a lovely family event (with no drama) just love and joy, to make things all right with the world...very happy you had such a perfect time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds lovely! But, oh my, two daughters marrying in one year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a wonderful time. You deserved to. Your hair looked beautiful up like that and you and JB clean up well. What a good looking couple you both make. Congrats also to the new bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you had the best time. Maybe you could give JB some dancing lessons for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bask in the memories! How wonderful for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you that all went well and you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coni, thank you for sharing the beautiful occasion with us. Reality is over rated so continue to bask in the warmth and love of your memories from this past weekend. It's very good medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coni- you DO deserve to be treated with honor. Friends are the family we choose.
    You obviously adore your goddaughters. And every woman needs role models, whatever her age…strong vibrant women who demonstrate grace in dealing with the twists and turns life throws in her way.
    So you take that front row seat with PRIDE, missy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm happy the weekend was so lovely for you and JB. Loving memories to last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As I was honored to have you by my side 32 years ago when I married Jeff. I was once again honored to have you by my side as my daughter got married. I feel as though my choice in choosing you to be the Godmother was one of my best life choices.
    I was so thrilled to have you be there and be part of my family.
    You are my family!! I have loved you and will always love you.
    Thank you for being there it means more than you will ever know.
    I appreciate your generosity with flowers and cake.
    On to wedding number 2. Hoping for a visit with you and Rich soon.
    Love you to the moon and back! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guess you could not have asked for greater perfection. You
    so deserve a place of honor in that Family that you adore. You
    might wish to involve your Beloved in a dance class or club that you can follow together for fun....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair, it was perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so happy for you, it all sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so happy that you had this wonderful, love filled weekend. I agree with all the posts...you sit in that front row of LIFE with pride. You have certainly earned it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so happy for you that it was such an amazing perfect weekend for all of you! It sounds like it was perfectly lovely. How wonderful to be a part of such a close loving family. Those precious memories will last forever.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete