May 31, 2021

HELLO, FRIENDS!

Well, well, well.

Here we are on a Monday morning...doing our thing.

Some random highlights from the weekend...

On Saturday we did the golfing over at Notre Dame:

And stopped at the Lowe's for vegetation for JB's Happy Place:


There were the usual holiday weekend fixins....burgers and brats and salads and whatnot. I think I might have managed a big breakfast in there someplace too.

Last night we joined some friends for a baseball game at Four Winds Field. The South Bend Cubs took on the Ft Wayne Tin Caps. 


(Can you believe I've been to TWO baseball games featuring the Ft Wayne Tin Caps in the space of three weeks?)

(The Tin Caps are named for the Disney depiction of Mr Johnny Appleseed His Very Self, who was reported to wear his cooking pot on his head as a hat.)

I even wore makeup and lipstick...a trial run before the wedding next weekend. It was cool, so I don't know if it will be melt-proof, but...say la vee, Dearies. Say la vee.


(My big fat face looks bigger and fatter because my haircut ended up much shorter than I anticipated, but anything is better than the geriatric squirrel thing I had going on.)

Four more sleeps until we head over to Lima! In between them will be lots of fretting and wringing of hands and worrying about not making a spectacle of myself before my brain swats my overinflated ego with the reality that the wedding is NOT about me, and absolutely nobody will give a tinker's damn if I puddle my dress shields before the I do's are finalized.

(That's the best part of being an anxiety flop sweater...the more you stress about it...the more you sweat.)

(Nope...couldn't have gotten THAT gene from my mom. She couldn't create a bead of perspiration if her life depended on it. Instead, I get the gene that makes me look like a plow horse after a long 110 degree day working the back forty.)

(Sheesh.)

Tomorrow I go for my first facial laser treatment to see what we can do about my beard, mustache, sideburns, and old lady dark spots...so wish me luck that they don't break the machine tackling my mess. I've been assured that they've seen women with worse, but that was probably in a circus sideshow someplace.

So that's it. A week of pictures and now I'm back to babbling my nonsense all over the place. Don't worry...I'll probably go back to the all-picture format this week and next while I'm in Godmother of the Bride mode and recovery.

What's new in your corner of the world? If you're stateside an observing Memorial Day I hope it is a safe, peaceful, restful day off. Come tell me all about it...no matter which state you're beside!









 

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good weekend full of fun stuff. Nothing new here, which is not the bad thing some seem to think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coni. I’m sure every treatment is different (different types of lasers) but be sure to ask if it leaves a mark. I really don’t want to give you something to sweat over, but with the wedding coming up…. I had spider veins, telangectasia, removed from my face maybe 8 years ago. It was no big deal but what they didn’t tell me was it would leave black spots everywhere the laser burned off the red marks!! To say I was shocked when I looked in the mirror is an understatement!! And not tiny little freckles but large polka dots!! Even the makeup for scars didn’t completely cover them. I’m really REALLY sorry to share this and maybe scare you but I would hate to not say anything and then you be totally surprised and not in a good way! The dots did fade completely but it took several weeks, not days. Maybe ask to see before and after pictures….. again, I do apologize for bringing it up…..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxing weekend, Coni. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spent last week with daughter, granddaughter and new grandson. Had a quiet day yesterday sewing and knitting. Just what I needed. Some family time today, then back to busy. Good to see your update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Your haircut and makeup look great. 😊. I do laser hair removal, and When I first started I got very red for a little while when we first started. But it has been a lifesaver! My advice is to get them to turn it down a little when they get to your upper lip. That is a tender place! Otherwise, it wasn’t too bad. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Your haircut and makeup look great. 😊. I do laser hair removal, and When I first started I got very red for a little while when we first started. But it has been a lifesaver! My advice is to get them to turn it down a little when they get to your upper lip. That is a tender place! Otherwise, it wasn’t too bad. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Your haircut and makeup look great. 😊. I do laser hair removal, and When I first started I got very red for a little while when we first started. But it has been a lifesaver! My advice is to get them to turn it down a little when they get to your upper lip. That is a tender place! Otherwise, it wasn’t too bad. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in the picture! Just repeat everything and you will be gorgeous for the wedding and all the events. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had my spider Vien’s on my face removed a few years ago so I would feel more comfortable not wearing face make up when I retire. It was a tiny needle put into the vein which zapped it. I am thinking of having it done to the top of my feet too. I think every woman over 50 should have a good dermatologist in their corner who can zap you when needed. I’m thinking of getting laser treatments on my neck now. But my mustache and chin? That need to be on the list too! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look great Connie ,and you are doing so well stay positive and keep going

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't do the laser before the wedding! I had it done about 10 times and a few times it burned my face and left it red and blistered. Laser didn't work for me as the hair just kept growing back, but something else did work...Vaniqa cream. Look into it. It takes a few months to start working, but I've been using it for 20 years now and am completely facial hair free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel your pain re the hairyness....after I hit 50, I could get a job in the circus as the bearded lady....the goat hairs on my chin grow 1/4" overnight it seems like! Think I'll ask about the vaniqa cream from my doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well what an action packed weekend you had! Things going great for you! I hope the beauty treatment is painless and you end up smooooooth!
    Here, just had my mum over for a few days. I think it went well - she's quite sparky and bright now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that same work horse gene :)

    ReplyDelete