Apr 26, 2021

AND....WE'RE OFF!...LIKE A HERD OF TURTLES!

Whew!

It's 11:30, and I have already had a full day here in Spinsterville! I had a CT scan of my head and neck at 9:00, picked up my JB and headed to the Starbucks so he could have a quick meeting and I could have a quick breakfast, and then came here to the d-chair so Buzzy could do his thing.

I'm happy to report that I only cried a little bit (quietly and to myself in a most dignified manner) while in the machine, so I am feeling pretty darn proud of myself for gritting my teeth, pulling up my britches, and getting on with it.

(I'm stupidly claustrophobic, so anything involving being immobile in any kind of contraption makes me break out in a panic.)

The Starbucks that we went to is at Eddy Street Commons...right across the street from Notre Dame:

I had my usual...a cold brew with a light splash of sweet cream, and a delicious egg thingie that was wrapped in a tortilla:

(It had bacon in it, but I removed it, since it was a bit underdone for my liking).

(Underdone bacon.  Blech.)

So here I sit until 3:30 or so, and then it will be back to the homestead to stitch, rest, have dinner, and hit the big girl sleigh bed. I did stitch yesterday, but in my haste to get running this morning forgot to snap a progress picture.

Sorry about that.

Happy Monday, Dearies! I hope your week is off to a roaring start! Come tell me all about the doings in your corner of the world!

6 comments:

  1. I can totally sympathize with the claustrophobia! How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a favorite of mine but the part where he gets stuck in the chimney gives me the shivers every time 😬

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a perfect example of Getting On With It, Coni. I'm following that example today and making all kinds of appts that I need to make for tests, tests, tests. God bless us all, right? And thx for showing us how to do the Hard Things with grace and wit. :) -psv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you there on the undercooked bacon. Blech. I like mine nice and crispy. Hope all is well with your CT scan results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather walk several flights of stairs rather than use the lift/elevator - cannot begin to imagine being inside that contraption. Although a friend of mine got in such a panic that they sent her to a private hospital that had a doughnut ring type of scanner. Oooh it has to be crispy bacon! Well done for being brave. Fingers crossed scan finds only good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni, I was thinking about you during the morning hours and wondering how you fared with the CT scan. I'm with you on the undercooked bacon - double blech. Hope your Tuesday goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful spot to enjoy your breakfast. Glad you have the CT out of the way. I've never had one but the thought of it gives me the shivers.

    ReplyDelete