Mar 15, 2021

MOVING MY CHEESE ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE

Do you remember how my dear Dad gave me the book Who Moved My Cheese when I was in my twenties as a lesson about learning to adapt to change and how I should really try not to be so rigid and afraid of new things?

Well, apparently the universe is really trying to test me in that department.


I'm at dialysis at 7am in the heiney crack of the morning in a new chair and a new pod with new podmates and a whole new view of the world.

(I knew this was coming for about a week or so....they asked me if I might like a first shift chair and one opened up, so I took it.)

(The whole new neighborhood, though, wasn't something I expected.)

The truth of the matter is that I am going to love this, since it means I will be finished with treatment and home before noon. That means I can have a late breakfast and catch a little nap and still have the day to look forward to.

The old time was fine, but getting home at 2:30 made for weird eating times and really seemed to waste the entire day and evening.

Of course, this means mandatory early bedtime and getting up a bit before 6am, but my hope is that this new routine will be very short-lived and the CALL will happen any day now.

So now, Dearies, I'm going to settle in and check out the new digs.

I'll leave you with a progress pic of Spring. Happy Monday!




6 comments:

  1. Winter is looking good, Coni. Hope you settle into the new time and "routine" for chair time. Funny you should mention that book; it was required reading at one of the schools I worked at. Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely stitch! Being a morning person (it's 10 to 6 here in SoCal) I think I'd prefer an early treatment time. Here's hoping your nurse is a wonder with the needles. Praying for that phone call!
    Luv, m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping the new treatment team and schedule work out smoothly.
    It seems to agree with you. Spring is looking so beautiful...
    and will be a wrap-up in no time. Enjoy the breakfast and nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching! I enjoy seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just remembered that I have this pattern. I think it is time I kit it up. Yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that tiny bunting! Super stitching. As for the new place - it's like being on holiday - or a cruise and you are in a lounger. Fingers crossed for that call.

    ReplyDelete