Mar 12, 2021

FRIDAY...I THINK

Well, Dearies, I lived to tell the tale...but just barely.

Yesterday was all about soft pajamas, a beautiful breeze coming in the window, movies on the TeeVee, and lots of stitching and looking at stitching and reading about stitching and thinking about stitching and mot much else.

Exactly how I like it.

(Minus the flu-like feelings of being dropped from a tall building and then being hit by a cross town bus and being left on the pavement with nothing to drink.)

The Mill Hill conundrum was solved when I remembered a lovely gift from Miss Charlene that I had stashed in my Special Gift Treasure Chest. It's a cloth that is white on one side and dark on the other that you drape over your lap to provide a good background.


I was straining and straining so hard to see the holes on the dark brown aida, and I was making the mistake of concentrating the light from above instead of from below. I also figured out how to download an app onto my ipad thingie to turn it into a light box, which I think will help also.

Once that was solved, I picked up Spring and made some nice progress. I finished off the "I" and all of the little moteefs surrounding it and started on the "N":
I have to say, even with all of the color changes, this is just a joy to stitch!

In between all of the stitching, I managed to eat carefully and get my iced lemon water in me. My gain today was minimal, so that always helps in the post-treatment hangover department.

Many of you have asked about the inconsistency of how I feel on dialysis and if there's anything that can be done to fix it. I really think it's a total crap shoot in my case, and other factors (like age, length of time in the d-chair, and menopause) have more to do with it. All I know is that I am doing to everything I can to feel as good as I can and follow directions, and that gives me peace of mind.

I think knowing that transplant is imminent also helps, since I am now looking forward to life after the d-chair and what trouble I will be into. Things might not change drastically for a while in terms of isolating and mask wearing, but eventually I want to travel and play golf and go to Guild and have Brunch and plan visits with my goddaughters and hold Magoo's hand at a baseball game or have a hot dog at a tailgate.

We'll see.

The weekend is upon us! I'm hoping to do a few chores and stitch my eyeballs out!

How about you?

9 comments:

  1. You continue to focus on hope and a positive future. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IPad as a Lightbox??? Brilliant. Thank you for telling us about the availability of an app. I had no idea such a thing was available. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an actual light box but never thought of it as a stitching aid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the most wonderful thing and told my guilds who all purchased it. Home Depot: Westec LED Rugged Puck. Two lights in a package for I think it was under 10.00. They have two adjustable brightness levels. They are 50 lumens, 20 hour run time on 3 AAA batteries purchased separately. Can be mounted with rare earth magnets or screws that are included. Works well in your lap to shine up when using dark fabric. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better again. Always fun to plan ahead - they can be tweaked many times!
    Interesting re the light box app. I have seen some hugely expensive special ones!
    We are off to a farmers market - it is very small but nice to support the local peeps. Have a super weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you got much accomplished on Thursday and Friday, Coni. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The supply run was done Friday, so I'm hoping for lots of stitchy and quilty time this weekend. Your tips, and those of the commenters, about stitching on dark fabrics are going to be handy. My current project has parts done on black linen.

    Plans for when this virus crap, and when you get your new kidney in and made at home, are good to have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good that you know how to take care of yourself. You're inspiring. I don't have the same problems, but your wisdom is transferable! I'm awaiting the imminent arrival of two sisters-in-law, both of whom I love dearly (we're fortunate to have loving, supportive family), who are planning to help us Weed Out Stuff. One can teach us ways to get rid of it, and the other can go through old family photos and tell us who the heck these people are. As long as I don't have to cook much, I'm okay. We'll rely on our recently discovered Possum Creek Restaurant. Good daily specials and cheeseburgers. The name of the place fits. Out in the sticks, no interior design that you can put a name to, friendly country folks doing the honors. And cheap. What more can we ask?

    ReplyDelete