Feb 8, 2021

WHEW! WHAT A WEEKEND!

Isn't it funny how you can do nothing and still feel exhausted?  I'm here in the d-chair feeling like I have just returned from three days of fun and frazzle, but when I really think about it, all I did this weekend was eat, sleep, and stitch!

Despite eating more than usual, I am happy to report that I did not gain. I am still well below transplant weight, and if I'm careful this week might actually manage to get a few more pounds off. Ultimately, I would love to be under 100kg by my birthday in April...a reachable goal, indeed!

Yesterday's stitching was a bit scattered. I played with Winter Quakers for an hour or so, but didn't feel like I could get into a groove with it.


So, after snacks had been consumed and the kitchen restored to order, I started another Mill Hill kit...this time a snowflake:


 Speaking of snacks, we started the day with breakfast sandwiches, and then I made a tray in the late afternoon:


Once the game started, I brought out the pigs in a blanket:


They were delicious! I followed Martha Stewart's recipe, but it is basically sausages wrapped in puff pastry, brushed with an egg wash, and sprinkled with some everything seasoning. Freezing them after rolling made a big difference, and then you bake them at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes.

I also made a big pot of chili, which was good and spicy.

The fridge is full of leftovers, since both Rich and I just nibbled a bit and really didn't make a dent in anything.

(Will I ever figure out how NOT to cook for an army?)

We are cold and snowy here in Hoosierville, so I suspect that there will be a lot of hunkering down this week with leftovers and fuzzy blankets. I do have a few projects that I'd like to tackle in advance of Spring Cleaning season (she says optimistically), but none of them are too taxing.

JB's chair is en route, but will not be here until later in the week, unfortunately. I had hoped that it would arrive in time for the Super Bowl, but alas...it did not. I did, however, manage to move things around in the cube room studio to accommodate the chair that his new one will replace, so methinks there might be another good stitchy spot in my future! 

Stay tuned.

I've babbled long enough, Dearies. Time to close my peepers a bit before it's time to go home for the day. I hope you are doing your own thing today and are warm and safe and dry while doing it!


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is better to switch when your enthusiasm wanes with something - keeps the sewing mojo motivated!
    A very nice spread there - a little party for yourselves.
    Great that the weight is now stable as your body has adjusted nicely - that will help oodles for dropping more pounds later on.
    Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounded like you had a good weekend, Coni. Hope chair time went smoothly for you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been such a long time since I have had pigs in a blanket. Might have to make them soon. Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete