Feb 13, 2021

SATURDAY SPINSTER SNOWY BLISS









Oh...how happy am I today, Dearies?!

I had a great sleep and woke up earlier than usual to a winter day with big fat snowflakes floating around. Blueberry pancakes were made and enjoyed and the kitchen cleaned, and now I am in the big girl sleigh bed with my damn good and the papers for company.

I made a lot of progress on my snowflake last night:

That pattern of light blue in the border is a happy accident. I did a quick outline of the open areas that will be filled in with beads later so that I could just fill in the rest of it without having to count midway through a long row, but I kind of like the way that looks! 

I also realized that I forgot to show you the third "birds in winter trees" kit that I am hoping to start this weekend:


Isn't this going to be a perfect addition to the other two? I think the fact that I already have the birds and the frame makes it even better!

I'll leave you with some scenes from Notre Dame. These big tents are called "lodges" that they have erected on the quads so that the kids have someplace to play safely. I think they are just swell, and if I knew it wouldn't cause a major national security incident or throw me into a panic attack, I'd love to take a book and cozy up to one of those fireplaces.

Can you imagine spending the day stitching in here?






6 comments:

  1. How about a year or two from now, when transplants, vaccinations, etc. have made travel and gatherings safe, a get together at a nice lodge with fireplaces, sugar free hot chocolate, comfy chairs and good lighting to stitch and chat?

    I’d be happy to do some research to help make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect addition to your birds in trees series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lodges look so inviting! Now that would be nice for you to go stitching with a friend there. But a good night's sleep and a cosy day sounds wonderful. Blueberry pancakes - oh yum! The new kit looks super too - it's those birds! Love it all - as for the star love the outside border that you made too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, I would join you with my stitching in one of those lodges. I really like your new Mill Hill tree and it is going to go swell with the other two. Your snow looks wonderful; we had freezing rain and it turned the snow into compacted sheets of ice. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day! It's a strange weather day for Valentine's, but happy wishes for a nice day don't have to include the weather. That's my new philosophy. So, Happy Heart Day! Enjoy stitching! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete