Jan 18, 2021

MONDAY.....EDITED

I'm happy to report that Buzzy and I are in the d-chair doing our thing, and he behaved quite nicely during cannulation (needle insertion) and I did too. (In other words, he didn't scream too much and I didn't pass out.)

Also...I somehow managed to lose a little weight during my Time Out. I don't ever want to do that again...only receive one treatment in a week....because it's dangerous and I felt like a bus hit me, but apparently I was careful and ate and drank well.



I read that blueberries counteract cortisol, so I have been trying to eat them every day. (Cortisol is the stress hormone that turns into belly fat, so by the time this is over I am sure to resemble Violet Beauregard trying to get rid of my frontal area.)

(The cookies, by the way, are purely medicinal.)

Despite my very best efforts, I'm still not done with the Mill Hill Frosty Morning kit. I don't know why I thought it was only going to take me a day or two like the smaller ornaments do.

Silly, silly Spinster.


I will continue to plug along and hope to have it completed this week, and then it's back to the cardinals and a start on Plum Street's Hello Winter.

Thank you for not pointing out that I haven't done ANY work in the cube room studio. I thought about it this weekend but my Time Out did not allow for anything outside the warm and cozy confines of the big girl sleigh bed.

Happy Monday to one and all! It's a new week for us to get into all kinds of mischief! What will yours be? Come tell me all about it!

(Added)...I promise you that the nail polish matching the stitching is entirely coincidental, Dearies! I paint my nails a different color each month, and January just happens to be grey/blue.

11 comments:

  1. Glad Buzzy behaved this morning. Your beautiful nails match your Mill Hill piece. Coming, as lovely as they are isn’t that just a wee bit OCD?🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never underestimate the medicinal power of 2 cookies once a day! Your stitching looks as wonderful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Buzzy behaved today! Mill Hill is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your nails match your WIP! It was the first thing I noticed about that photo. Then I saw how pretty and essentially "winter" the canvas is.

    Buzzy deserves a cookie for behaving so well this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad this week is starting out on a good note! BTW did you share pictures of the finished Santas with different hats...I might have miss it if you did. I thought they were quite clever. If staying in a sleigh bed lets you lose a few pounds I want one! I stayed in the guest bed (twin) for 3 weeks with a bad case of Covid..maybe lost a # or 2 especially when one looses sense of taste and smell.

    I think I mentioned before about the "mason jar" prints I was getting from ANORNit each month...well I now have 4 and still working on #1. I do not lead a busy life unless watching TV counts so I am ashamed that I don't have your "stick-to-it-ness" and see some progress. So now you know what's not going on here in Wyoming. Is that TMI?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on Buzzy! One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for you and Buzzy! Blueberries are so good for so many reasons and they taste yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little scary, only 1 dialysis a week. Taking it easy sounds like a Good Plan. As for the blueberries - any day is better with blueberries. I've gotten myself into an interesting project. I used a sampler I'd designed as my Christmas card, so a friend sent me a sampler she'd half-finished. It's on hand-woven fabric; the piece of cloth is so big, I'm going to have to cut it in half to get it to manageable size. There's enough fabric for a whole other project on the right hand side. I'm graphing what she did so I can design the bottom half. Think the other half of the fabric might be good for another antique reproduction sampler; on hand-woven, it would be authentic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your winter tree is looking good, Coni! I am glad that Buzzy behaved himself and you were able to have your session.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ongoing prayers for you. You're doing what ya gotta do, which is all any of can do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tip about the blueberries. I will be adding them to the grocery list :)

    ReplyDelete