Jan 8, 2021

AND THEN...IT BECAME FRIDAY AGAIN


Well, Dearies...here we are again at the d-center doing our thing. Buzzy was a real pill and a screaming meemee, so three different techs had to try poking me today. As for me, I just closed my eyes, controlled my breathing, and sang the Sesame Street theme song in my head as loud as I could.

(Seriously...that is the method I've come up with for not screaming, crying, and passing out from the trauma of it all.)

(When this is all over, Dr Melfi and I are going to have to talk about getting that out of my brain so that every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning I don't spontaneously burst into song.)

I've been thinking a lot about life post d-chair lately, and I have promised myself that there will be at least three things for sure: good healthy habits that will honor the gift of the kidney, something to do with books, and lots and lots of stitchy travel to classes, retreats, and seminars.Maybe I could combine two and assemble a book and then travel to shops to sell it?

Dreams for another day, I think.

(But hopefully a day soon!)

I stitched a fair bit last evening after a rather productive day. I did all of the laundry, cleaned up the dining room table that has become both my desk as well as snack storage, and made a good dinner for my Jersey Boy. He requested pork cutlet Parmesan, so that is what he had, along with a side of leftover tortellini. (I had a ham sandwich on whole grain bread.)

This weekend, if all goes according to plan, I will be cooking veal scallopini and a brisket, but that will depend on the availability of both at the Martin's. I have been ordering groceries on Thursday evenings for Friday deliveries rather than having JB do the shopping, and this has worked out well. And...since I am really sticking to my goal of not shopping/cooking/eating for the entire United States Armed Forces, I've been able to shop every other week instead of every other day.

(What can I say? We have food issues at CS2. Clearly. We do.)

(But we are aware, and we are fixing them).

I'll leave you with last night's progress on Frosty Morning:

I think I will play with the cardinal canvas this weekend. I seem to enjoy it when I have an entire day to fall into it. 

Before I do that, though, I have promised myself that there will be a good amount of sorting in the cube room studio tomorrow morning. I have broken my stash down into categories, and tomorrow I'm starting with WiPs that I want to play with this year, and to jettison those that I don't. I want to get them into project bags according to season so that when it comes times to switch out, all I have to do is grab and go.

Next weekend, I'm hoping to sort through my finished stitching and determine what I want to keep, what I want to frame/finish, and what I want to get rid of. That last bit has me a bit stumped, since I can't imagine anybody wanting a piece of stitching that isn't framed/finished. Hmm....will have to give that one a good think.

Happy, happy Friday to one and all! I hope that your neighborhood is quiet, safe, happy, and healthy today and that you are doing whatever makes your heart sing and your skirt twirl. Come tell me all about it!

15 comments:

  1. I would think that unframed finished stitching would be easy to sell. The buyer could then decide whether or not to frame, and if so how to frame. Or--they might decide to make it into a pillow. You never know. Keep calm and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could donate your completed stitched items to ANG for their auction. Look in the back of their magazine for the auction chair's contact info and send an email. In the past, I've posted pics on a Google drive and sent the link as ell so she could see what I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a thorough review and declutter of my needlework a couple years ago. I love what I kept, and everything fits in its closet now. Thank you for the idea to kit up projects. I love grab and go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done any stitching in forever. Life has gotten in the way of "free-time" or I'm just too darn lazy. Your Mill Hill project is looking nice. I pray your treatments go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lookexfirward to seeing the cardinal. They are so beautiful. I think you love to sort and organize, so don't declutter too severely. But if you don't like a project anymore then I hope you can find a new home for it. Love you, Coni. = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Coni
    I think you should sell some of your pieces “on this here blog”. People could bid on the items by emailing you. I know I’d love to have one of your finished pieces. Just my $.02

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, please give us a chance to buy a stitched piece you've comp!eted! You can add the money to your kidney fund. Same with the semi-completed pieces. Please don't toss anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you’re thinking about life post d-chair. Keep visualizing, imagining, and planning for that. It is coming!
    I agree with the above ladies. Don’t toss. Sell and add to your kidney fund!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Selling and adding to your kidney fund is a great idea!
    Hoping you don't have to go through the d-chair 'adventures' for much longer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naughty Buzzy again. Making plans is fun and good for you. *cough puppy! It is very foggy today. Waiting for Tigger to call "hellooooooo!" in the midst of it!
    What a great idea to sell work via the kidney fund. Indoor chore day with a bit of quilting methinks. Take care and hope you are relaxing well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with selling items unframed, they'e be easier to ship as well. Probably less cost and certainly less chance of damage. And the new owners have easier options to finish as they wish.

    I bet the techs would rather be serenaded with Sesame Street songs than cried and cussed at or you passing out when Buzzy is being uncooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a productive day on Thursday and a sort of smooth chair time on Friday. Your weekend plans sound good, Coni. Have fun playing in the cube room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with selling of pieces you don't want to add to the kidney fund.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your post-new-kidney plan, and hope that I get to meet you somewhere along your stitchy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been reading your blog for about a year (and had to go back to older posts to inform myself about you). I have to say I really, really enjoy your blogs, and find myself praying for you that all goes super well for you! And your stitching is so wonderful. I would certainly love to bid on any of your discards. I look forward to seeing the completed Ehrman needlepoint, or did I miss it somehow? In any case, cheers and love sent your way.

    ReplyDelete