Nov 18, 2020

WEDNESDAY

Have you ever met anybody who worries about worrying?

Hello. My name is Spinster Stitcher, and my crazy little brain could find away to screw up a cup of coffee with worrying and fretting and catastrophizing. 

But...today is a new day and I am in the d-chair writing lists. Lists of things to discuss with Dr Melfi, lists of stuff to do before next week, lists of food to order for Thanksgiving, lists of....you name it, I've got a list for it.

I did stitch a fair bit last night. I picked up Pretty Pumpkins and put about twenty or so stitches in, but went back to the Ehrman canvas and started working on the background. I decided to just let my mood take me where it wants to go, and if that means needlepoint right now, then so be it.

Thank you, Dearies, for all of the advice. I need to break out of this drama junkie cycle and just handle my business with quiet strength and dignity.

(I'll give you a minute to catch your breath from laughing so hard at that.)

Tomorrow I might fish out the Christmas stitching box and see what strikes my fancy. I have been drooling over so many of the new releases, but I am going to stay focused on stash for now and behave. (Or maybe I'll just write another list!)

So that's the report for a lovelyWednesday here in Hoosierville. I hope life in your corner of the world is wonderfully swell today and that you'll come tell me all about it!

11 comments:

  1. I worry, too. I wish I didn't but I don't know how to turn it off. Heck, when I don't have anything to worry about, I worry about what I have forgotten that I SHOULD be worrying about! I hope you can discover the secret to not worrying and share it with us. Until then, you are a delight to read and I think of you and send good wishes your way on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This won't help you but I ate an entire box of cookies last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lists are fun! I make them all the time. Can't say that I *do* half the things on them, but I make them.

    And, as long as we're confessing, I have to admit that I ate an entire 9" deep dish apple pie in 2 days. It would have been 1, but a headache knocked me out between feedings. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we must be comfort eating! I hit the pecan nuts last night. Highly fatty but disguised as healthy (in small doses) but who can limit themselves to 6 halves?
    My mum worries, but then she worries when she has nothing to worry about!
    But flitting between projects isn't a bad thing - sometimes one calls to you more than another and whatever makes you feel good is absolutely fine.
    Here, this morning, it isn't raining yet - but blowing a gale again. Yesterday I cooked a roast beef brisket with mixed roast veggies. Apart from the meat which came from our friends across the valley, the rest was from the garden and that felt a bit of an achievement. The beef was deeeelish and melted in the mouth. Long gone are the memories of my mum's roast beef which could be described as ice hockey pucks!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope chair time went smoothly, Coni! I am a list maker; I find it provides structure for me. I don't always come close to marking everything off my list, but that isn't why create them. Have a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lists, oh yes. Even before I started forgetting what I walked into the next room for, I've lived on lists. You with your ups and downs are very human, and you've got wisdom sitting on top of it all. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mom can. Even after something is done and finished she does the "but what if?"
    game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I need to break out of this drama junkie cycle and just handle my business with quiet strength and dignity."

    You are not a drama junkie. You are dealing with serious life-altering things. Please stop thinking you are somehow terribly terribly flawed when you are struggling to cope. You are NORMAL, you are KIND, and you are LOVING. (To everyone but yourself, yeah?) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Lisa!! You've got a lot going on, so you've earned the right to a good stress whine. I know when my own life gets a bit edgy, I flit from one thing to the next. When there's more than one project going I actually get more done. There's always a quilt, a cross stitch, and needlepoint going. When I get tired of one, but still feel like being productive, I move on to another... I give myself permission to be an ADHD stitcher/sewist. Life right now is perfectly conducive to flitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started talking with a phycologist 18 months ago (and now through skype) because that over-fretting about everything had lowered my quality of life. And the lists (of the subjects that I have to make a list...). Not that I am much better now but I am A LITTLE better. Still wake up at night and touch him besides me in order to be sure that he is breathing ;) I work on that "let go" thing. Not much success but I keep on. It is a kind of comfort to know that I am not alone in this. Neither you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad I didn't get much of the worrying gene but my poor sister got more than her fair share. Anxiety medication is wonderful for helping out. She still worries but not obsessively. Hope you can find something that will calm the thinking part of your brain down :)

    ReplyDelete