Oct 23, 2020

BACK TO WORK...


Well, here we are...back doing our thing in the d-chair. I've got the blue chair today, so I am very comfy and happy. Everybody here hates the blue chair, but I think it's roomier and squishier, thus keeping my heiney from getting too numb.

Sorry.

TMI.

So now I find myself in a very weird mental state of organizing and planning and planning and organizing, but I have no earthly idea for what or for when. My tech, Marcella said to me this morning as she was hooking me up that it's exactly like being pregnant and getting ready for when the baby comes.

(Yes, but in this case I don't know if the baby coming will be a hippopotamus or a desk chair, and instead of needing a mother-in-law to stash meatloaf meals in the freezer, I have to coordinate an entire team of people to do things like put my socks on, update this here blog, and make sure my JB hasn't stressed himself into a third heart attack.)

Dr Melfi and I had an emergency session yesterday, and she convinced me that the best thing I can do is off-load all of this crazy ram from my tiny little brain and just concentrate on...me. She calls it being "healthfish" instead of "selfish". 

Of course, my one and only focus needs to be getting this weight off. I confess that I was totally disappointed that after three days of fasting I weighed in at 116kg today, and I had a good ugly weepy cry about in behind my mask, but I'm not giving up. Never, never, never give up, said Mr Churchill, so push on I shall.

Enough of that.

On the stitchy front, I have managed to put exactly ZERO stitches into anything for two days now. I will definitely remedy that tonight (hopefully), and all day tomorrow when we get home from Pickleball.

(Yup. If it's not raining, snowing, or sleeting tomorrow, JB and I are going to play a little p-ball at the park down the street. I've played it a few times before and really liked it, and Heaven knows anything I can do to move my big fat self around a little bit will be good for me.)

So that's the report for a Fall Friday here in Hoosierville, Dearies. I promise not to bore you with all of my nonsense too much longer...I really don't need Betty rearing her ugly head and complaining that this is supposed to be a stitching blog and nobody cares about my stupid boyfriend, my dead dog, or how I feel about anything at all. 

(Why, though, she continues to come here when I clearly irritate her so much is beyond me, but potATo/potAHto I guess.)

You know the drill...do something fun and come tell me all about it!



20 comments:

  1. Cheering you on from North Carolina! Prayers for the needed weight loss and an available kidney. Prayers for your donor and family. Prayers too for your JB. Your transplant is a huge deal for him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a GoFundMe page? Surely you will have some expenses that won't be covered. I can't help much but I would like to make a contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bore us?! I don't think that's possible. I hope you get some pickleball in. Maybe you can burn a bit of frustration and stress by pretending Betty's head is the ball and give it an extra vigorous wack? Ooooh did I just type that out loud?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never boring my dear, never boring. I look forward every day to reading your post. Keep on truckin'! If I win the Caterpillar Cross Stitch goodie haul I will split it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember that stress causes your body to release extra cortisone, and cortisone causes it to hang on to every drop of water and calorie you put in there, and even some that it drags out of the air. (okay, that last part isn't science, but it certainly seems accurate!) I suspect that now that you have a pretty much solid GO!, rather than an amorphous "someday", you're starting to feel a lot more survivor's guilt. I find the words of the serenity prayer to be helpful when I feel my anxiety start to spiral (although I start with the word "give"...) Also, wine, but I don't think you're allowed much of that. Remember that 99% of your readers are rooting for you because we think you're special and worth it.
    In the something fun category: Yesterday, while on my way to the gym, a passed a familiar looking black cat. Stopped to check it out, and indeed, it IS my Loki who went awol back on August 29th. He was over a half mile away from home, and not in a neighborhood we'd put posters up in. I'm grateful to have him back and for the neighbor up there who fed and watered him while he was travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following your progress from New Zealand and enjoying your positive take on life. Just one step at a time. Prayers to the BVM and St Jude for a wonderful outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We DO care about your boyfriend, Stewey and most of all you! Love your blog and your opinions and your stitching. Take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't change what and how you are sending to us just for one non-understanding person. As stitchers aren't we a sisterhood of loving, caring, sharing gals,and good cooks? Oh, shouldn't mention the cooks part. God will bless you with all the tools and parts that you need for this wonderful procedure and, for heavens sake do not lose your wonderful sense of humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers and Prayers. We’re all with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My niece had a kidney transplant in June. All she went through before the surgery was very hard on her. It was a bittersweet moment when she was called in for surgery, knowing that someone died so she could live. Keep up your spirits. Prayers for you and the donor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You come tell us anything you want. This is your blog, most of us are your friends and even if we haven't met, love you and are rooting for you on this journey. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is Betty still bothering you, I thought we ran her off. I actually tune in every night to hear about your life situation. Besides, I saw that Kathy Barrick commented, how exciting! And I know Cozy Egg and Vonna check in, plus others that I don’t know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So near! My thoughts and wishes are most definitely with you, and with the donor's family. Do not feel any guilt: the donor has died anyway - rather, the donor-to-be will have died. By accepting the donation you are giving some meaning to the death of a generous person and some closure and consolation to the donor's family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JustGail said it (LOL) - and so did Diane! Ditto to all the ladies above! The only thing you can do is block Betty and treat her as toxic as she is harmful to your wellbeing - I just can't understand those people - can't be healthy to be so bitter inside to try and spread it by being nasty to happy people. Well positive vibes from me and as for the donor - they will live on with their wonderful gift to you.
    Ooooh fingers crossed and take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coni, hope to are able to get in some pickle ball today. I love your blog because you keep it real so no, you will never cause me boredom. I like reading about your stitching, but also your life. It is like chatting over coffee/tea/whatever the preference. Enjoy your Saturday, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lurk on your blog because my family has gone through what you are going through. My adult son's kidney failed about 14 years ago. He received his kidney transplant about 12 years ago. I sympathize with EVERYTHING you are going through - and will continue to watch hopefully as you receive your kidney, recover, and then live your new life. When we were waiting for a kidney for my son, It hurt me to the core that I was praying for someone to die so that my son could live. We now very purposefully celebrate and appreciate the donor and his family every day. I always remember the family that made the very tough decision to donate organs of their loved one (who was a young child) so that others could live. I pray they know their child is living on and doing good in this world. Hang in there. It is so, so hard but I truly believe that you are going to get a better kidney than the one you hoped to get just a few days ago. Do focus on you and building a healthy body so that you too will join the "club" of transplant recipients keeping the memory of loved ones alive. Wishing you strength and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just imagine that through an act of great generosity, someone will be reaching across eternity to give you a gift of love...
    not regret....love and caring in the kidney that will bring new life to you. Keep that precious soul ever close to you and hold it up in prayer and gratitude to the Lord the rest of your days... guilt would only mar the purity of such a gift
    given in love. Betty who? not in our circle...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope the weather was good for pickleball!

    ReplyDelete