Sep 24, 2020

WHEN YOUR COFFEE VIEW MAKES YOU SO VERY HAPPY

Every morning after I stumble out of the big girl sleigh bed, I stand at the kitchen counter rather bleary-eyed and look out the window while the coffee contraption wakes up too.

This is my view.
My neighbor decorated for Fall! And she did so while living in an apartment! Most folks don't think much about the outside of apartments, but this one did, and I am very glad she did so.

The ferns on JB Magoo's Happy Place are still thriving, but it might be time to consider moving them in. Temperatures are expected to start dipping into the 30's at night and even though we're on the second floor and will probably not frost completely, I am going to try to save them this year.


Thank you for your tender ministrations yesterday, Dearies. We might have a solution afoot that will involve me doing my treatments at home, as well as changing one of the medications I take to bind phosphorous. The nausea might be a side effect, since it seems to correspond to the time that I switched to it.

Today is a day off. I'm going to concentrate on laundry, paperwork, Dr Melfi, and stitching, and am going to make a lovely crab cake dinner for JB. I had originally planned on turkey breast and all the fixins, but am going to do that on Sunday instead.

On the stitching front, I am starting to jot down ideas for projects for the winter. Thanks to a stitchy friend in Australia, I will soon have Santa's Magic to kit, and I keep seeing things on the Instagrams that are definitely striking my fancy! 

So that's it for a lovely Fall Thursday! I hope yours is equally as peaceful and happy! Come tell me all about it!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers and I see pumpkins too! Perhaps the lady felt she needed to cheer herself up. Sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead. And how lovely you will able to sew the Santa now.
    Today is apple juicing day. It's going to take a while!
    Have a good one and hope the new meds will sort your tummy out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall décor you can watch as you prep your coffee in the AM, Coni! Glad there may be a possible solution to the nausea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ferns that I have kept over the winter in the house. They are so old I don't even remember how long I have had them. I look at the new charts but I am trying to work from my stash as it is larger than my lifetime, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful sight to fully wake up to! Thanks to your comments about the gorgeous ferns, I'll need to make plans on where to move my houseplants (that live on my back patio). Here in the foothills (1931 ft up), frost can really damage plants, as I discovered last winter. Now that they are fully recovered, need to keep them that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you're perkin'. Glad you can enjoy the beauty of wherever you are, and I hope the machinations for getting treatments at home work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is lovely view to have first thing in the morning! I hope having your treatments at home will work better for you!

    ReplyDelete