Sep 23, 2020

WEDNESDAY...HAVE I BORED YOU TO TEARS YET?


 Dearies, are you as bored with me as I am?

I swear it was just yesterday that I was riding the Crazy Train through Adventureville, and there were fun and various things to report. I'm sure that life with Stewey was the cause of that, and his presence and supervision were the only reason why I might have been the least bit interesting.

Now it's just sleep, slurp, schlep, and suck it up, I'm afraid.

I went from being Mo-ther Dearest to the guy that makes the donuts in one fell swoop.

That's not to say that I am unhappy or complaining in any way...I promise you. My life is perfectly wonderful and truly blessed, but there is a little part of me that just wishes I felt better so that I could enjoy it more, you know?

On days like this I have to remind myself that this is just a temporary chapter and not the entire book, and that a new kidney will mean a new life and I will be able to get back to running around at mach ten with my hair on fire.

The weight battle continues, but my gain between treatments was very slight today, so that means a loss of body weight. A normal gain in between dialysis treatments for me is about three kilos...or six plus pounds. Today, though, I only gained one kilo...or two point two pounds.

Still no idea why I am having such bad bouts of nausea and cold sweats, but the doc is making her rounds today, and after she blabs about my pants for ten minutes, I'll see if I can get her focused on other things. She's lovely, and I respect her position, but sometimes I feel like I have to grab her by the lapels and say "Swarupa! Sit up in the buggy here with me, Girlfriend! You went to medical school! Fix me!"

My view is of the fountain today, soI am going to enjoy every minute of it. The tree just outside our window has shaggy bark...my favorite...and the light coming through the leaves is just so pretty this morning that I'm going to kick back and enjoy it.

I do hope your very own Wednesday is going swimmingly and that you'll come tell me all about it! 

11 comments:

  1. You can do this, Coni! You are a strong and beautiful woman who I am proud to call my friend since I brought you brownies in the infirmary freshman year! As much as that fountain is part of your view this morning, you have been a living and loving part of my picturesque view of the world since we met three dozen years ago! (or, as your dad would say, "Suck it up, kid, you got this." Much love from South Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your posts every single day and when you don't feel like writing anything, I always say a prayer that you are okay and will be back soon. This is a hard season in your life --- but it will get better. Just hang on for the duration. I'm dealing with an ailing father and handicapped legs --- It helps to know that I'm not alone in facing difficult things. Just know I send you lots of hugs and lift you up in prayer often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Coni,
    I love your posts and would never associate the word boring with your life! It is a really difficult path you are on and still you are such an inspiration. Thanks for being the gift that you are to us. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Wanda says it exactly as I would. You go, girl!

      Delete
  4. We all have our moments of enui with which to contend, but they can readily dissipate if we stop and count our blessings, and although you may sometimes not feel particularly blessed, you are in so many ways, definitely in your ability to bless others with your heart's expression and example of courage.
    You just have to believe that it's yours, that you own it and
    above all, deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni-I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time so today's the day. I love reading your blog and all of your stitchy adventures-i went back and read all of it from the very beginning after I found you. I have always loved cross-stich but I find it very difficult. Part of it, I have discovered, is my eyes-I'm nearly a VIP (visually impaired person) but I'm still correctable so I can drive. I have double vision when reading so I now have prisms. It takes me forever to do cross-stich so I've done very few projects. Well I saw a cute star wars sampler the other day and thought I am going to do that. And I pulled out my aida to laboriously grid it with my cajun red fishing line and thought, well heck Coni does this floss tube thing. Surely there's an easier way to do cross-stitching? And guess what? There is! I'm working in hand, scouping or using the sewing method and I learned a very interesting thing. It is the symbols on the doggone chart that mess me up! This pattern has THREE different charts so you can pick-one by color, one by symbols and one by both. I'm using the color one and I am ROCKING it. Thank you for being you Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been board reading your blog. Never. And I don't imagine I ever will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a funny lady at heart - OK, you use humour to cover your worries and sadness, something I have done. But to joke about your ordeals is showing a really strong person inside. You can do this weight thing we are with you all the way! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Coni, I'm sorry you are feeling do bleurgh right now, but I hope this is only temporary. I do love to come and catch up on your blog and see what's been happening, even if you don't feel like it's much. Have a beautiful Thursday! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coni, nope not bored! Hope you managed to talk with the doc about your concerns and she could offer some thoughts or perhaps a plan to deal with the nausea and cold sweats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Coni, I have never expected you to provide me with entertainment. I come to your blog because I enjoy this time with you as you take us voyouers on a trip through your day. I feel certain that in person we would have a wonderful chat about nothing in particular and would come away with both feeling blessed. I am the fortunate one, because you have the courage to put yourself out there in the interwebs. You don't live an exciting life? Well, neither do I. I just struggle my way through the day and hope that I've been able to do my work well and maybe help someone else along the way. We both enjoy stitching and you help inspire me with the projects you do. Thank you and God bless you. I pray that you get a transplant soon.

    ReplyDelete