Aug 11, 2020

NIGHT NIGHT

So much for having a productive Tuesday. Buzzy and I were up at the crack of dawn for his three-month roto-rootering, and I am just wiped out. The poor surgeon got quite a workout trying to get through the stent and pushed hard enough to almost send me off the table and into the next room, but it's over now and we can rest.

There hasn't been any stitching the last few days, Dearies, so you'll need to bear with me until I get needle and thread back in hand. I did manage to get a piece of fabric ordered from Miss Linda at the House of Stitches for a new start, so as soon as it arrives I'll get it on the q-snaps and get going.

Time for bed, I think. There's still enough goofy juice in me that my eyes are heavy and my head is a bit swimmy. 

Happy Tuesday! I hope things are swell in your corner of the world! Come tell me all about it!

9 comments:

  1. Rest and recuperate. The fabric,etc will be waiting when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, bless you Coni, you go through so much! Have some good sleep! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep well and rest until you feel better. Don't push too hard --- just let your poor arm relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gentle and restful recovery, Coni....you have earned it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a good night's rest and feel better on the 'morrow! Luv, m💐🌹

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh ouch! Hmmm big OUCH! Can't begin to imagine how you were feeling and coping so well in spite of it all. Rest up, sleep well, sewing will happen when you are more settled.
    Here was hot. HOTHOTHOT! I can't cope with anything in excess of 72 degrees and here it was in the upper 80s but feeling like 95s to 100s! So all chores done first thing, namely clean the birds houses check the veg patch to see how things were doing all before the storms arrived - they didn't, but went around. I came in for breakfast and realised it was noon! Done for, sweltering, had some potato salad (home made) and dived in a cool bath. Got out into a furnace! More storms expected so back out refill duck pools in the afternoon, checked drinking water and gave the chickens frozen sweetcorn in water as an ice cream treat to keep cool. Sat supervising the birds under the walnut tree and then had to make them go back to their own houses - too hot! Then bed. No storms either! HRH in London, staying with his folks overnight. Their heating is broken - in the full on heat mode in 95 degree plus heat outside - and they were having a roast dinner!
    He said he'd melted several times over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coni, hope the roto-rooter session will put Buzzy in a better frame. My Tuesday excitement included lunch out with a stitching friend I "met" through IG. It was fun and I look forward to gathering again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all went well. Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Owww, but yes, it's done, so you can get back to business soon. Hubs and I suddenly had grandkids from NC, and we're taking them back to meet Mommy in the middle tomorrow. They've been eating, it looks like -- they're taller! Much easier to keep them now, they don't have to be watched every second. And I froze 4 quarts of green beans today, 4 gallons of tomatoes yesterday. Now, you have fun when you get back to feeling like it!

    ReplyDelete