May 12, 2020

WHAT DAY IS IT...AGAIN

Goodness, me, but these days are confusing me so!

Hi, Dearies.

I am sitting here with a doozy of a d-chair/Benedril sleep hangover. Yesterday is a complete and total blur. I'm pretty sure I went and did my thing, but am also pretty sure I was out of it for the duration. I vaguely remember coming home and making salmon for dinner and then...zip...zilch...nada.

But, today has dawned anew and I am administering my first cup of damn good while the birds have their morning jam session outside in the courtyard area between buildings. I don't remember being able to hear them so clearly here at CS2 before. A happy result of the big Q, perhaps?

Speaking of....many if you have asked me where I want to go now that restrictions are being lifted here in Hoosierville.

To that I say...Have we met?

The truth of the matter is, Dearies, that I am going to remain on lockdown for the foreseeable future. I only leave the apartment to go to dialysis, and when I do it is with face mask in place and alone in my car. I took two brief walks about thirty steps into our parking lot, but even that was too much for this poor old self to handle.

Yes, yes, I know, I am reverting back into full blown agoraphobia mode, but may I say (respectfully so) that I am minding my business and doing what is right for me? And...here is the best part: I fully respect your right to do the very same.

I simply refuse to step into the debate about opening/closing, mask/no mask, rational/irrational, human life/economy, etc etc etc. Those are subjects for far smarter brains than mine, and I only know how to stay in my lane at this point and try not to bother anybody. If I ponder the bigger implications of liberty and democracy and justice and also try to feed and clothe myself my head us going to explode.

So today will be for lighter things like stitching and watching movies. I don't know if anybody realizes this or not, but I gave up watching Bravo and all of the Housewives several months ago. Today, though...I might revert.

Happy Tuesday to one and all! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!


16 comments:

  1. You have to do what is best for you. As our mothers would have said: this,too, will pass. I am going out only to do a few errands. Then back to reruns on tv and stitching christmas ornaments. Be safe😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell them to mind their own business. I'm undergoing radiation, always wear a mask, and stay inside on the advice of doctors and nurses who actually DO know what they are talking about. Follow your best instincts and the advice of medical personnel. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always best to err on the side of caution. You are the best judge of how you feel and what you can manage...Your lane, your business. I have a compromised relative who has not left
    her home, except for her garden, since the DamnPanic began per her Doc's orders...is she happy?.what do you think?... but she is listening to her wiser self and feeling secure in that. What you are doing, Coni dear, will pay off in the end.
    Proud of all you do….

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's me. I know I'm vulnerable. That monster is still out there. If I have to go out, the mask goes on, otherwise I stay put, like my doctors told me to do. If others are going to get their noses bent out of shape about it, they've not enough to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to do the same and stay put for the foreseeable future, probably till fall at least. You have enough health issues; I don't think you need to add COVID-19 to them. I have a few issues, and I'm old evidently. Even though I don't feel (or look, I like to think) 68, I am and so I'm one of those automatically put in the vulnerable bin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are in that 70's age group so we mask up and shop once a week. Yesterday, our dog was chasing a squirrel around our well and her collar caught on the pipes. They broke and water, from 2 tanks, sprayed me. We masked up and spent a small fortune at Lowe's on fittings. Bought extra so we would be prepared for what lay ahead. At 3:30am, one tank was connected and water was on again. Today we'll connect the other tank. Except for mishaps like that, we plan to stay safe at home. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  7. You absolutely have to do what is the best thing for you, and that is not up for debate (and not really anyone else's business anyway.) I hope you've had a relaxing stitchy day!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing what is best for you is, well, best for you! Take care and have fun stitching and reading! I can't wait to see what you finish up, or simply start up, next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very much agree. Whatever happens regarding the rules, we are staying put until we deem it safe to do so - and as a country we are nowhere near that yet!
    But good news is . . . I have shone a torch through the duck eggs under the little bantam hen and we have all 3 fertile! She's cooking them to perfection! Whoohoo! Now fingers crossed that they reach the hatching stage - being different to normal ducks, that stage is much longer - 33 to 38 days, more like a goose. Oooh I'd love one of those Sebastapol geese - oh such gorgeous frilly feathers! Or two . . . or three . . . BIG flock! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coni, hope your Tuesday went well. Seems like I am a day behind with your posts! I say "do you and don't worry or even ponder those who get in your lane other than to say stay your distance".

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must do what is the best for YOU, Coni, quarantine or no quarantine. You are high risk. I am in the older group but healthy so when I do go to the store, I wear a mask and wash my hands and face after. We will all be fine if we just pay attention and take care. Prayers you stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do what is best for you! I am still ordering my groceries online for curbside pick up and perhaps plan to do so for the rest of my life. I don't have to deal with hardly anyone and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on the quarantine issue Coni. I find that I do not mind being a hermit. I hate shopping so was glad to turn that over to my daughter. As long as I have my stitching I am more than happy to stay home and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you are just being very wise Coni. You have to do what is best for you. Enjoy your stitching, reading and damn good! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am doing the same because I can and have the resources that allow me to. My daughter, SIL, and grandson provide delivery services. I can stay here, happily sewing and reading, until a vaccine is developed.Yes, it could take 2 years. I LIKE my own company!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coni, you truly were such a lucky child....what a lovely way to grow up. I envy you and your memories...life can be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete